• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Front Suspension

RHFG

Donation Time
Old thread I know, but does anyone have any info or specs on the various front suspension upgrades done over the years. Specifically do all parts need making from scratch or are Mustang 11 A arms, spindles etc being used?

Also has anyone made mods to the factory beam with success?

cheers Russ
New Zealand

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Old thread I know, but does anyone have any info or specs on the various front suspension upgrades done over the years. Specifically do all parts need making from scratch or are Mustang 11 A arms, spindles etc being used?

Also has anyone made mods to the factory beam with success?

cheers Russ
New Zealand

Yes. Complete Mutt II added to sunbeam crossmember including the shock towers. Internal of crossmember opened and reinforced

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Tiger

We used Wilwood Pro spindles, and their alloy hubs look at Heidts hot Rod
web site they'll explain geometry we drew ours to what we wanted and went from there as has been said looks like mine! Wilwood spindles and hubs provide a easier approach to brakes etc. and they are not handed as the off the shelf Mutt II stuff every one sells, plus they are taller than stock which raises the front roll center. note we did not use the stock cross member this was from scratch.

Last edited:

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Any pics? Were the Rootes shock towers moved or turned? Russ

The Rootes shock towers are part of the front crossmember; removing the front crossmember also removes the shock towers.

Not sure why you would want to move or turn the Rootes shock towers, but doing so while retaining structural integrity and alignment would be a challenge.

Last edited: