• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Really want to take the car out and enjoy this nice weather, just refuse to pay todays gas prices, UGH!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The donor is a year 2000 with light damage front and the rear bumper is gone. Need to post pics of both cars during the coming weeks.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It is not set in stone yet, still weighing fixing the S2000 since their value has gone way up. The positive aspect of building another one is that this will be registered and licensed as a 1964. Could not believe it when the seller handed me a true PINK SLIP and BLACK and YELLOW plates that match the title! That is big plus if I do it because it means no smog requirements so I can do whatever I want. The Supercharger would be moved to this car and put the black car back to a stock motor and probably sell it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The good news is I got the pink slip with matching plate, the bad news is a person filled out the back with his name, address and signature but never registered it. I tracked that person down and have been in touch with him, for some reason he is not willing to fill out release of interest (DMV.CA.GOV form 227) so I can transfer the title to my name.
Some people!

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
No, google vehicle registration service in your area. They will know the in's and out's to get it done.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
So I talked to two different Ca DMV employees over the phone and got two different answers, went to AAA and got a second opinion and basically said use form 343 along with the bill of sale from the seller (not on the title). It will take DMV some time since the car is out of the system, a search of older records to verify that it has not been titled anywhere.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I would talk to a vehicle registration service before going to DMV or AAA, once it is in the DMV system things can go bad if not done right.

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would not go to DMV once you open that door like John said things can go wrong if you PM me l will give you the number of a guy l used when l bought my last car out of California

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I wish you all the luck in the world.
Thanks B!
I spent a total of 20 minutes and got all the paperwork done, last thing to do is a VIN verification. There are three "tags" on the car, one is the large one which I think is the build specs? Second one is screwed on with an "SAL" prefix, then I have the special riveted one with only numbers on it that are legible, however the Title shows an "SAS364B" prefix.
Is that normal?
Lastly the car will need to be taken the DMV for the VIN verification, hope it will not be an issue. I have a good feeling about it as they did not tell me to only go to the CHP. The clerk gave me three choices, Them, CHP or a private company. Called a couple of private companies and on one call got a live person that quoted me almost $200 to come the house and do it, um NO THANK YOU!