• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 2 for sale

A

alpine in calgary

I am again offering my S2 for sale.Paint has just been power polished and it looks stunning from 10 feet away but up close there are flaws.The entire brake system has been done with the exception of the master and the lines as they were fine.New soft top and new minilites as well as new rubber.Lots of other stuff done that I just wont bother to type as my hands will ache by the end of it.All parts are from SS except the brake pads/shoes/hoses.

Pictures can be seen at photobucket.com under the name alpineincalgary,at last my fellow alpine enthusiasts can see what an alpine should have looked like from the factory with the leather interior it deserved from the onset.Also there are a good deal of parts that go with the car including a factory hardtop(needs rear window) bat wing air cleaner,rebound straps and many other bits.

Price is $10,000 and it is a fair one considering the work I have done and had done,there is not a speck of rust to be found on the car and the frame is more solid than the canadian dollar :cool:

A

alpine in calgary

DAMN.....:eek: 84 hits and no posts or comments :confused:

Am I alone in the world in thinking this is a sweet alpine?It does not know what rust is and all the nasty/exspensive stuff is done.

A

AlpineIan

I'd like to see these pictures, but I'm having a hard time finding them... do you have a direct link? What am I doing wrong?

A

alpine in calgary

there are 14 pics on/in photobucket the name to search for is alpineincalgary same as my name here but it is all one word:D

A

alpine in calgary

going...going....gone

Well it is long enough to determine interest and there has been some,but nobody wants this sweet car.So it looks like the alpine shall be listed on ebay.I would have preffered an alpine enthusiast from the board bought it though :eek:

A

alpine in calgary

The car was listed on ebay this evening....170119446495 is the listing #....I will give all board members the same right as a local buyer as I would prefer to have the car go to an enthusiast......dont let this one get away :rolleyes:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Have you been following this one on Ebay?
Bidding was $5000.00 and jumped to $10000.00
Do you see something that I don't??????????

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
Looks like the fix is on. Notice how there are no photos of the car with the top down, or the rust free undercarriage? Not to mention if the car actually runs. 10K without even a test drive. Someone is in for a suprise if they actually buy it for that.

A

alpine in calgary

Looks like the fix is on. Notice how there are no photos of the car with the top down, or the rust free undercarriage? Not to mention if the car actually runs. 10K without even a test drive. Someone is in for a suprise if they actually buy it for that.

Actually the car does run fine as you are well aware of james,even after you ripped up my plug wires like an idiot when you last saw it.And you are well aware of the rust free condition of the car as you saw it on jackstands when I was doing all the work to it.:eek:

SDuncan

Donation Time
I just think it is interesting how the bids went up in small increments and the BAM!...one bid that takes you to your asking price. What a stroke of good luck!:eek: I just hope the car doesn't have to be relisted due to a delinquent bidder not completing the transaction. That's the bad thing about anonymous bidding is you can't see who the bidders are.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Actually the car does run fine as you are well aware of james,even after you ripped up my plug wires like an idiot when you last saw it.And you are well aware of the rust free condition of the car as you saw it on jackstands when I was doing all the work to it.:eek:

Wow, sounds like some neighborly tension!
If James truely knows it runs and is not a rustbucket, shame on him for the backstab.
On the other hand, sorry to hear a couple Alpine guys can't get along.
Glad to see an Alpine going to or above the 10K mark, makes me feel better about spending 10K to freshen one up!
Oh well, it's the love not the money.

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
Just to clarify a few things. I find it odd that someone would jump the bid on a car 5K unless they were very familiar with it. If they did know the car, then why wouldn't they buy it privately? Aggresive bidding as a strategy to scare off other bidders may work to a point, but really, from a guy who seems to be into the Star Wars toy market?

As for my other comments; I did not say or claim the the car was not rust free. I only mentioned that there was no photographic evidence, something that if I was bidding, I would want to see (especially at the high price). As far as the lack of photos with the top down? I only know what I have seen. Does it run? Last time I drove it, technically yes, but I am guessing it didn't make the last mile home.

As far as Andrews comments about me "ripping off the plug wires like an idiot", I think the plug wires falling apart in my hands would have been a better description. Trying to help a guy figure out why the car only seems to be running on 2 or at best 3 cylinders was what I thought fellow enthusiasts did. Just like lending shop manuals and parts when in need. I would have gladly towed him home, or lent him a set of wires if he would have called.

James

SDuncan

Donation Time
So, who is the new owner? I see the person is also from Canada. I still don't really understand the person's bidding strategy, but at least they got the car. As I said previously, hopefully the transaction goes ahead smoothly.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Scott, did not see it sell, but from what you've said, it sounds like a bidder put in an initial bid of say, $9,975. Another bidder starts to bid, hiking the bid in small increments, but not having much luck. Decides "What the Hell, I'll just put in a max bid of $12,500". Bingo! The price jumps to the $10,000, the minimum amount over the other bider.

Bill