• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Newbie Darksider

SoCalpine

Donation Time
Throwing in the towel

Kelly came over the other day to explain how to use another tool I don't have to attach some fittings that I don't have and then there's the part I need off the old m/c that I can't find and all of that needs to happen before I can put in the engine before we can finish the tunnel before finishing the wiring and fuel system before getting the motor running before..... well, you get the idea.

I did a bit of checking around and found a shop up in Orange that can solve all my problems for a price I have become willing to pay. The only downside is that they are moving into a bigger shop an so can't take in my car for about a month and than another two months on the job so maybe I will be able to enjoy driving when I have some time off in November and December, and maybe I won't. Either way I'm beat. Call me a goldchainer if you will, but it's checkbook time.

kmathis

Donation Time
Well, let me know who it is and when you get to that point of actually talking to them about the conversion and what is left, I can be available to help steer them in the right direction, so they aren't re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. Your conversion is just several solid days of work away from the finish line, so once they get going on it, I think you will be up and running in short order. Of course there is the new wiring, which is at least in place, so shouldn't be too bad for a good mechanic.
Your car looks real nice, great paint and a rust free straight body, so when you are finished with it you don't have to go through a lot of body work before you can show it off.:)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The pinto and bobcat did not come with a V6 and manual trans (came with automatic) so any flywheel that claims to be for MII and pinto bobcat is going to be for the 140cid 4 banger.

I stumbled across this comment that the Pinto and Bobcat did not come with V6 and Manual transmissions .... Correction! They did in fact have V6 and manual 4 sp transmission. I have pictures of them fitted from the factory with the 2.8 V6 and manual transmissions AND a couple Pintos with Automatic Tranny.

My Buddy has a Pinto and a Mercury Bobcat that I have tried to buy for the last four or five years, both have the 2.8 V6 and 4 spd tranny.

A friend a few miles from me has a Pinto wagon 2.8 V6 with a 4 spd tranny He bought new. That too is on my list to Purchase if and when it should be available. Would love to do a rework on the wagon for towing....

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
I stumbled across this comment that the Pinto and Bobcat did not come with V6 and Manual transmissions .... Correction! They did in fact have V6 and manual 4 sp transmission. I have pictures of them fitted from the factory with the 2.8 V6 and manual transmissions AND a couple Pintos with Automatic Tranny.

My Buddy has a Pinto and a Mercury Bobcat that I have tried to buy for the last four or five years, both have the 2.8 V6 and 4 spd tranny.

A friend a few miles from me has a Pinto wagon 2.8 V6 with a 4 spd tranny He bought new. That too is on my list to Purchase if and when it should be available. Would love to do a rework on the wagon for towing....

Holy dead thread resurrection!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Resurrected! Sure thing! It may help some of the Guys wanting to do a V6 Conversion by Not Passing up or looking at a Pinto and a Mercury BobCat....