• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My v6 conv.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
[ I have always had the mind set that chrome does not make it go, Thanks again Earl bluoval[/QUOTE]

Earl
The saying was if it don't go then go chrome it

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

I would love to get some beauty shots of your Alpine. It sure is pretty, but the best part will be how it performs.

Jose

Jose will send you a cd disc of the build if youy need hard photos let me know. and I will get some for you. You have been a great help in guiding me thru the build. and the kit made the install realy easy. Cant say yet how it runs still in the break in period. to seat the rings ect. less than 2 hrs break in time to date. But Im sure the power will be enough. for my Daughter. I only have my tiger to judge it against. and that is not a fair comparison. The valve covers I found on the british ebay and it took about 6 weeks. to get them. was worried for a while that I had been riped off . but they finaly came in were just as the seller stated.and were a bit pricey. but they were worth it to me. I have always had the mind set that chrome does not make it go, Thanks again Earl bluoval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

I have thought about posting pictures that I´ve been sent, but the majority of the guys haven´t sent pictures of their Alpines. Some have sent oictures, but they aren´t in focus, or they have a lot of things behind them that make it hard to see the cars clearly.

I would love for all the Vy guys would send new beauty shots (pictures with a nice back ground like in a park), so that we can really show them off. Many guys have offered to send pictures, but maybe they are busy too. Anyway, if I receive them, I will have one of my computer savy friends make a collage that shows them off. I really think we should have a V6 conversion section in the photo section. of this forum.

We have sold over 100 kits already, but I don´t know the exact figure. We had passed that figure about two years ago, and have sold another 20 since then. I have a lot of friends in California with V6´s, and is probably the place with the most V6 Alpines. I also have several (about seven) in Washington state. I also have customers in Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Florida, Georgia, Virginia. New York, New Jersy, Mississippi, Alabama, Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Vermont, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Delaware, and probably others too, just that I have been doing this for so long, I can´t remember them all. The ones I mentioned are the ones that I did remember. If I didn´t mention a state, doesn´t mean I don´t have a friend there with a V6 Alpine, just that I won´t mention it if I am not sure.

It has been a terrific 36 years, especially since I never expected that there would be this much interest. I have enjoyed makeing friends through all this. I look forward to receiving more pictures, and if anyone has sent pictures, would you please take more, like you want to keep for yourself, then send them to me, so I can set up a collage of all my friends Alpines. I think it would be great, don´t you?

Jose

Hey Jose: I know you have an extensive photo collection of V6 conversions....ever thought about putting together an album or some sort of gallery available to the Darkside population? For a slight fee, of course. I and many others are curious about what other guys have done and how their cars look and perform. Mike's comment made my light bulb go on....I think there is some interest out here. Maybe you could glean photos from the Forum and from the Photo Gallery, as well as ask if some of the guys could send you photos. I wonder just how many kits you have out there and where they are located. I know you really need more stuff to do in your life, but I thought you were the logical choice because of your repository of V6 conversion photos. Just a thought.

Jim