• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My v6 conv.

bluoval

Donation Time
Hi all

my firstattempt to attach photos of my alpine build.

Earl blu oval

Attachments

• 100_0504.jpg
    100_0504.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_0506.jpg
    100_0506.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0507.jpg
    100_0507.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0509.jpg
    100_0509.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0510.jpg
    100_0510.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 113

kmathis

Donation Time
Wow! What a nice interior.....could you do mine? Nice door panels and console and a cup holder, now were talkin'.
Very very nice, I want mine to look as good some day soon.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

You have hit it out of the park with this beautiful Alpine, I would love to see under the hood too, and I would also love to have some pictures of it for my collection. Would you send me some beauty shots of it?

Have you gotten to drive it very much yet? How does it run?

Jose

Dzynr_Ron

Silver Level Sponsor
Nice, cool idea to have graphics on racing stripe !
But I was mostly drooling over the in garage lift :)
Ron

bluoval

Donation Time
engine pics

well here ther are.
Earl bluoval

Attachments

• Alpine Engine 001.jpg
    Alpine Engine 001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Alpine Engine 002.jpg
    Alpine Engine 002.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Alpine Engine 006.jpg
    Alpine Engine 006.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 93

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

Thanks for posting the engine pictures. I would love to have several pictures of your beautiful Alpine to add to my collection. How does it run? Please tell us all about it. OK?

Jose

mike_also

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very nicely done! Wish we'd collect pictures of everyones' conversions. Every one is a canvas - every one is a different interpretation on the same theme. I find all the conversions fascinating and inspiring.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Ed,

Those rocker covers come from a Euro spec 2.8 V6. I really like them, and you might be able to source a set from the UK, if someone there will get them then ship them to you. All of the ones you see on any of these V6 conversions, came from there.

Jose

Great job.
Where do those valve covers come from?
Ed

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
My V6 Conversion

Hey Jose: I know you have an extensive photo collection of V6 conversions....ever thought about putting together an album or some sort of gallery available to the Darkside population? For a slight fee, of course. I and many others are curious about what other guys have done and how their cars look and perform. Mike's comment made my light bulb go on....I think there is some interest out here. Maybe you could glean photos from the Forum and from the Photo Gallery, as well as ask if some of the guys could send you photos. I wonder just how many kits you have out there and where they are located. I know you really need more stuff to do in your life, but I thought you were the logical choice because of your repository of V6 conversion photos. Just a thought.

Jim

bluoval

Donation Time
Thank You For All The Kind Comments

Attached are a few pics of the build proces started with a 68 series v body rebuilt the suspension and set the motor mounts cut the trans tunnel. put in the rear end with 422 gears. the engine was a ranger block bored 40 over with 10 to 1 hyper tec piston and thick head gaskets to lower the comp a little, heads were ported and polished with 2.9 ss valves hardened seats delta cam joses specs. offy intake, Holly carb weldes and filled body seams. and removed most of the bright work. ss bumpers and have side pipes tet to install.

Attachments

• 100_0125.jpg
    100_0125.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0149.jpg
    100_0149.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0350.jpg
    100_0350.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0351.jpg
    100_0351.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 53

bluoval

Donation Time
a few more pics

more pics of the build process.
Earl bluoval

Attachments

• 100_0113.jpg
    100_0113.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_0139.jpg
    100_0139.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_0119.jpg
    100_0119.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_0136.jpg
    100_0136.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 77

bluoval

Donation Time
answers to a few Questions

Jose will send you a cd disc of the build if youy need hard photos let me know. and I will get some for you. You have been a great help in guiding me thru the build. and the kit made the install realy easy. Cant say yet how it runs still in the break in period. to seat the rings ect. less than 2 hrs break in time to date. But Im sure the power will be enough. for my Daughter. I only have my tiger to judge it against. and that is not a fair comparison. The valve covers I found on the british ebay and it took about 6 weeks. to get them. was worried for a while that I had been riped off . but they finaly came in were just as the seller stated.and were a bit pricey. but they were worth it to me. I have always had the mind set that chrome does not make it go, Thanks again Earl bluoval