• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mechancial Brake Light Kits

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Bill,

For the price you are asking for this piece of equipment, you are giving away the farm. You have done a great job on these parts and especially for $20.00, MAN! I almost want to buy one and I don't even have a car.

Jose :)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Jose. I was able to ferret out some good deals on the internet and saved a bundle on shipping by buying in quantity. The local Advance Auto Parts wants $10 for just the switch and clamp. So yeah, the guys are getting a good deal.

Jack, will have to see how many send the money. But regardless, it looks like there might be enough wanting the kit to warrant at least another, possibly smaller, batch.
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The kits are finally in the mail. I was stuck without a car this past week, except for the Alpine. Sorry guys, but your kits are not important enough for me to take the Alpine out on the salt encrusted roads we have been enjoying. The following kits have been shipped:

Eddie Donovan
Andy Meyer
Rob Wiseman
Paul Almjeld
Paul Hatter
MIke Harvey
Nick Emmanouilides
Lee De Ramus
John Constable
Jim Stone
Todd Reid

These are the kits that I have received orders for. If your name isn't here, I have not heard from you. You can contact me at weblue(at)comcast.net, PM or US mail at:
Bill Blue
2703 South State Road 1
Connersville, IN 47331

Preparing the checks for deposit, I see that only one person ordered a spare switch. However, I seem to remember packing two spares. If anyone ordered two kits and received a kit and a spare switch, please let me know.

Bill

phatt

Donation Time
Brake light switch

:)Thanks Bill, I can hardly wait! Just imagine, no more banging on the switch to get brake lights!!!!!!! Paul Hatter

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Mechanical brake light kit

HI Bill,

Let me know when you get another batch together and want me to send money

Thanks,

Jack

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jack, (or anybody that wants a kit) go ahead and send the money and shipping info. By the time I get all of the first batch sold, I will have made enough money to have a cushion to absorb any excess inventory, so I'll get more material as soon as the original stash runs out. I'm not too concerned about maximizing profit, just did not want to loose on the venture.

Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Mine arrived today. They look great and appear to be simple enough for me to install. Thanks Bill!:D

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

Bill, I received mine in the mail today. Well worth the money.
Thanks, Lee

skywords

Donation Time
I am waiting for the James Bond device that will get the tailgaters off my butt. I don't know what it is about the Alpine that attracts these pesky varmits but their headlights have burned all the hair off the back of head.

I know what your thinking "try the throttle" I have and I get these funny red and blue lights behind me. :D

Sorry slightly off subject.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am waiting for the James Bond device that will get the tailgaters off my butt.

Years ago I installed a back-up light on my car. I didn't know how to wire it to the transmission, so I made it a manual light turned on and off as needed with a switch. You'd be amazed how quickly someone gets off your tail on the highway when your back-up lights come on at 60 mph.

phatt

Donation Time
brake switch

Bill, Got my switch today. It looks great. I will install it this weekend. Thank you so much for your effort! Paul Hatter:D

JConstable

Donation Time
Bill,
The present arrived in the mail today and I'll echo what others have said about the kit - lookd great and thanks. While many have said they will put them in this upcoming weekend, I'll have to wait for a few more pressing installations like...the engine, fuel system, transmission... well everything except the front and rear axles and associated suspension. Thanks again. John

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Bill:

Kits arrived and look great! As it is way too daxx cold to work in the garage I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can install them.

Thanks for making these available to us

from frigid South Dakota, :mad:

Paul

skywords

Donation Time
Years ago I installed a back-up light on my car. I didn't know how to wire it to the transmission, so I made it a manual light turned on and off as needed with a switch. You'd be amazed how quickly someone gets off your tail on the highway when your back-up lights come on at 60 mph.

Jim that's very clever :D I am going to one up ya and install a corvis oil pump to the exhaust manifold. Just a blip of the switch ott to do her. My Dad did it when he was young and said it was a Hoot. I'm going to poor boy it but here's a link for anyone else that's sick of tailgaters. But just remember "I know nothing, I see nothing, I say nothing". No lifegaurd on duty.

http://www.smokingairplanes.com/smokingairplanes_smokesystem_smokeoil.htm