• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mechancial Brake Light Kits

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have been approached by a member to make a kit to replace the stock hydraulic brake light switch. This is a simple kit, using a Chevy switch clamped to the steering column. Wire, cut to the correct length and with proper terminals would be included. Installation would require about 10 minutes.

Cost would be about $20 plus shipping. I am trying to determine interest before ordering parts. This will probably be a one time thing.

Anybody interested?

Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

This is a great price for a great idea. A travel switch is so much more sensitive than the old pressure sensing switch. I recommend using one of these for safety's sake. I put one on both my Alpines, and they worked great.

Jose :)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm in for two.

Will you include instructions on how to correctly remove or isolate the stock system?

AlpineII

Donation Time
Bill,
I would also commit to buying two units. Don't need them now but who knows what is to come and I hope to be driving these for a long time!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm in for two.

Will you include instructions on how to correctly remove or isolate the stock system?

Sure, but it is pretty simple. Pull the two wires off of the old switch, slide the terminals of the kit wires into the old wires. Polarity is not an issue, the old switch can remain.

Bill

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a quick question. Has any used or tried to use a Ford style switch, the one that mounts on the pivot for the push rod? They've been around for years. I've got basiclly the same switch on my '65 Mustang that I have on my '98 Ford chassis motorhome.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Sure, but it is pretty simple. Pull the two wires off of the old switch, slide the terminals of the kit wires into the old wires. Polarity is not an issue, the old switch can remain.

Bill

Cool, thanks. I can do that... :D