• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is it worth it?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
some of you guys might know who I am.... all I have to say is the v6 pine will do things to you ... I have in the past built bad ass 4 cylinder motors to the point that people in racing have called and said is that one of your cheater motors... but the best 4 banger I have ever built will not give you half what the V6 conversion will give you.. it is simple to install and runs like stink my hard leaned on V6 car still gave 25 mpg my hard leaned on DCOE 40 alpine motor got worse MPG than a stock Tiger.. ask Eric G.... he was there... but who cares the V6 will make you pee your pants... now I will say this I am a motor head and the V8 conversion makes me silly in the head but it is no where near as easy to build but I am a gear head and want one... still for the buck you cannot beat the V6 [Bill Blue do you hear me] all that said today I have been offered Vader back.... and I want it

Jim, I don't remember saying it wasn't. I do remember saying I didn't think that one could be built for five grand.

That got a warm reception.

Better buy Vader while you can.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Joe,

You can get a set of Lakewood lift bars from JEGS. The following is the part number: Lakewood 21602. They are 169.99 for the set, but you will not only stop spring wrap up, but it improves traction by acting as a lift bar. When you get on it, the front of the bars bump against the leaf spring and they want to try to lift the car, which causes the tires to be planted harder. I used these on both of my V6 Alpines, and loved them.

Jose

I certainly agree.Both cars have them.The first time I let the Lister all out from a dead stop the front went up and the back went down enough for the tires to get a scrape form the fender flange.Nothing serious.The bars are a great and low cost solution.You may need some adjustment so ride is not affected.Easily done as I had to do mine.It does not take much to do it.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
some of you guys might know who I am.... all I have to say is the v6 pine will do things to you ... I have in the past built bad ass 4 cylinder motors to the point that people in racing have called and said is that one of your cheater motors... but the best 4 banger I have ever built will not give you half what the V6 conversion will give you.. it is simple to install and runs like stink my hard leaned on V6 car still gave 25 mpg my hard leaned on DCOE 40 alpine motor got worse MPG than a stock Tiger.. ask Eric G.... he was there... but who cares the V6 will make you pee your pants... now I will say this I am a motor head and the V8 conversion makes me silly in the head but it is no where near as easy to build but I am a gear head and want one... still for the buck you cannot beat the V6 [Bill Blue do you hear me] all that said today I have been offered Vader back.... and I want it

Happy New Year Jim

When you build up the 302 (325 HP) and it is good all the costs and problems simply are forgotten when you feel yourself being pushed back into the seat and the tires are smoking.Then you go to 2nd gear and still feel it.
You will never really worry about miles per gallon as the fun factor beats it all to hell.Still in 5th gear it is nor bad at all.