• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington on E-Bay

atallamcs

Donation Time
Harrington

I spoke with the estate representative for this car. It resided its entire life in San Rafael, just north of San Francisco. Yes it was on the "trailer" site and I know he wants $12,500 for the car--I would think he would negotiate a bit.
Bill

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
This is funny... I have a Harrington LeMans motor in my basement from the San Francisco area. So, I was looking at the Serial number listed on Ebay. From memory I almost thought they were the same. They weren't.... but it is very close. (but I am pretty sure all LeMans sn's are close!)

Steve

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

steve ,
if you look at the registry,the vin's of the cars registered range from 9102829 to 9119789 .that's a wide range .but it seems there were several bodies pulled and sent to harrington at the same time. what is really interesting is where they ended up. the car two numbers prior to my red car is red and ended up in australia .the car two numbers after is also red and the first time i found it about twenty years ago,it was in wisconsin. jan now has it . the question i have about the california car is if this is a one owner car ,what did he do with most of the original interior? the seats are not correct and i see several interior panels missing. it also is missing the rear seat cushions .

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Actually, a V-8 in a LeMans might be kinda cool.

Jim... we voted. You should do it! (once your toilets are flushing again.. one project at a time)

Steve

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:D Scott, I can picture you in that 1956 Continental Mark II, actually you would look good in the back seat with a chauffer driving. Yes, it's a beautful car.
Forget the Harrington Tiger - give me that burgundy 1956 Continental Mark II in the background of the picture - one of my all time favorites!

Hand built, and $10,000 retail when new.

65beam

Donation Time
harrington

bill a,
most of the parts i asked about are not with the car and nowhere to be found. guess they're lost . all i did was ask the guy selling the car.