• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finally, starting my 63 Alpine/ 91 miata hybrid build

Doobs

Donation Time
Finished Patching the interior and doing a little customizing of my own.....trimmed some factory carpeting to fit the new body.
Now its the fun job of figuring out where/how to install the miata dash and wipers!!!!
Once dash and wipers are done I'll finish up rebuilding the rear quaters and cutting in the gas cap (drivers side quater panel) then onto boxing the trunk area !!

then hopefully I can get it over to the body shop to get the front end pulled back into place..if not Ill finish up the interior and start on the bodywork I have ready !!!

This project is progressing way FASTER than I have anticipated..
I'm running into hurdles trying to get the front end re-aligned.
SHipping delays on some new nitro shocks, lowering coils, and racing clutch.
Now im scrambling to order some new windshield frame rubber, winshield, windshield rubber and all the door rubbers.

I'll post more pics tomorrow night

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sweet find..

I dont care much for the BMcrapW but i sure like the mini-stang that is the coolest conversion I have ever seen...

Yeah, it is pretty cool. I've seen them a few times in Daytona. At first I had no clue what was under the body. Bet it would be neat to do the Monster Miata conversion with it to.

It's pretty neat how yours is going together.

BLISTIC

Donation Time
Yeah, it is pretty cool. I've seen them a few times in Daytona. At first I had no clue what was under the body. Bet it would be neat to do the Monster Miata conversion with it to.

It's pretty neat how yours is going together.

Yep we had bill at one of our jax car shows. That shot is taken at the World Golf Village in St Augustine.

Doobs

Donation Time
finished capping my interior body joints

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

001.jpg

Doobs

Donation Time
got the dash cut to fit, sitting in place so now I can cap the ends cover the gap between the alpine and miata dash

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Great job with the metamorphosis :cool: . The dash and the car looks great so far. As I said in a previous post, it was a really intelligent way to do the transformation. Still lots of hard work though :) .

Regards, Robin.

Doobs

Donation Time
Hi,

Great job with the metamorphosis :cool: . The dash and the car looks great so far. As I said in a previous post, it was a really intelligent way to do the transformation. Still lots of hard work though :) .

Regards, Robin.

I believe the only reason this build is going so smoothly is because of the 5 weeks of measuring, remeasuring, and remeasuring...and about 2 months of planning....although the build is progressing WAY FASTER than anticipated

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, it always helps to have an image of the "finished" item in your mind as well as a mental roadmap as to how the project can be accomplished within your talents and available tools. Getting all that stuff together often takes longer than the actual work, but it is pure folly to start without it.

Bill

Doobs

Donation Time
There wont be too much more progress till I can get it into a body shop to get the front end pulled back over. Then I can fab up the tilt front end.

Soonest opening for a frame machine I found was 8-12 weeks.

Pic of the front end..it is pushed over about 4 inches to drivers side ( this is why I got the miata so cheap)

003.jpg

Once the front end is pulled and I get the front end fabbed up, finish the rear quarters and box the trunk area...then its the task of doing ALL the body work.

After bodywork is finished I'll install the new motor and suspension parts.

Then its off for paint then new seals and trim re-assembly

Im still undecided if I want to change my fins from pointy style to more vertical look or not !!!!:p

Doobs

Donation Time
Update

so i havent touched the mazpine for a few months now,
but i just got word that in 2 weeks it finally goes into the body shop to have the front end pulled back into place,
then i can attach the front clip and start swapping in my new miata powertrain and suspension.
so over the next 6 months or so I will be posting the progress pics as I want to have it all done and ready for paint by xmas!!:D

on another note, picked up a brand new windshield and S1 door glass and ventwindows for a whopping $50
he had them for his but he sold it before they could be installed and he was tired of storing them

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the Link....Jim.

Doobs was last seen: Feb 17, 2013

Another Sunbeam Alpine cut to Hell then scrapped.