• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mr.bridger

Electronic Ignition Conversion

fellow beamers, not sure if I’m in the right category, I have a sv fairly stock but I think it’s time I have a go at converting over to EI.. My main big question is : which brand and kit should I go for? I’d like to do the whole kit n kaboodle, wires, plugs, dizzy etc to make sure everything...
  2. mr.bridger

Ground strap question

Fellow beamers,after a recent clutch job,the ground strap on the trans bracket doesn't seem to be in the correct spot,I left it attached to the bracket,then removed the bracket,now I don't remember where it was attached to-the body? the trans case? it's messing with the starter-it even had the...
  3. mr.bridger

She won't stay running! Any Ideas?

Finally got Ursula running,she idles quite nicely,very responsive when given throttle,once I drive her around the block a few times(10 minutes or so) She acts like she's starved of fuel,runs rough,then splutters out. Then I have to wait about 2 hours to get her to start again,she acts like...
  4. mr.bridger

bumper overrider rubber

Does anyone have a couple laying around or know where I can get them? Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.
  5. mr.bridger

Gearbox(transmission)oil type help

Hey fellow sunbeamers! What kind of oil should I use in the gearbox? (SV non overdrive) The owners handbook says "use recommended oil"!! :confused:
  6. mr.bridger

Brake caliper O ring help!

Anyone know where I can find the inner seal O rings for my freshly restored 67 calipers? They didn't come with the rebuild kits. Thanks for any and all suggestions...
  7. mr.bridger

S5 heater valve needed...

Anybody have one laying around? Working order would be a bonus! Willing to trade parts or $$,let me know,this part is holding me up,big time! Thanks...
  8. mr.bridger

Clutch master cylinder help!

I have a '67 that had sat unused for 10 years.The engine is now running pretty good so it's time to tackle clutch and brakes(I'm sure i'll need some help with those,also!)I got the rebuild kit-which is just a rubber cover for the back! I thoroughly cleaned it and reinstalled it.After many...
  9. mr.bridger

Determining engine...

A little help finding out what engine I have,would be greatly appreciated! When I bought my S5,It came with a spare motor,which looks soooooo much better than the one sitting in there!I'm considering a swap,but would like to know what i'm up against. The numbers on the side are;1980880 17-4-63...
  10. mr.bridger

Trunk hinges!!!!

I need a set!!!! Have lots of other spares if any one is willing to trade,or can pay cash(cheaper than other outlets!) I believe any year will do,unlike every other part you need!!!! shaunmini63@yahoo....