• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Castrol compatability

Thanks for the reply's. I ordered some Castrol DOT4 on line. Should be here today.
  2. G

Castrol compatability

I can't seem to find Castrol brake fluid in my area. Just wondering what other fluid is compatible with Castrol LMA fluid.
  3. G

Weber conversion

Thanks for the reply. If you plug those holes where do you attach the brake booster vacuum hose? Thanks Geoff
  4. G

Weber conversion

I have a late 67 Alpine that I am converting to a Weber DGV. The manifold I got from Classic Sunbeam has two aprox. 7/16 holes taped into it. My old intake had a 5/8 hole on top where the brake booster hose was attached. How do other owners hook up this hose. The attached picture shows the...
  5. G

cardboard for seat upright - alternatives

Gary I recently redid my seats and replaced the warped and moldy cardboard with pieces of vinyl flooring. It is a little thicker but I don't think it will warp or dent. So far so good. Geoff
  6. G

distributor

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if these were original to the car or added by a previous owner.
  7. G

distributor

I have a late series V ( Nov 1967 ) With a Lucas 23D4 distributor marked 40819 K . What car is this out of. I think that they were put in some Mini's, but I don't know why I have one in my Alpine. Do I do anything different about the timing?
  8. G

Painted Seat Tracks

seat track paint Recently repainted mine while restoring the interior. I used Rust-oleum silver "hammered" finish paint. Not the original galvanized look, but a lot better than a 46 year old finnish. Good luck. Geof
  9. G

Door glass

I've got the same problem with replacement door glass. I put the strip on the bottom of the glass then added oil per instructions. It didn't work. If the glue works, please post results.
  10. G

car trailors

Sounds good. I would assume the Penske and U Haul car carriers are about the same size with a similar ramp angle. Thanks
  11. G

car trailors

Just curious if anyone has had a problem loading an Alpine on a Penske car Trailer due to clearance problems. I am relocating from Illinois to Florida and need to tow my SV to a warmer climate. Thanks Geoff
  12. G

hot parts

What would cause the warning light simulator to become very hot? After my SV runs for a few minutes you can't hardly touch the simulator. I have unpluged the brown and black, and the brown and yellow wires and I realize that I have disabled the ignition light by doing this. Have I affected...
  13. G

Ignition help

I borrowed another meter and the voltage is the same , battery and solenoiod. I'm replacing the fried wires. I am glad the car just shut off and did not burn anything else under the dash. Thanks for the help Geoff
  14. G

Ignition help

The ground strap is connected and tight. The voltage is just under 13 at the battery and 14.5 at the solenoid. I got under the dash and found some wires that have been very hot in the past. The white wire from the ignition to the fuse block and the large blue wire running from the headlight...
  15. G

Ignition help

I have been bringing a 67 S5 back to life and have encountered an ignition problem. When the car is running and I turn on headlights or turn signals the engine stops. I then have to wait for several minutes before I can even get the ignition light to come and restart the car. Is this a...
  16. G

Albuquerque

Just wondering if there are any forum members in Albuquerque. It's always nice to touch base with other British car owners. Geoff
  17. G

original spare

Kevin, For me the total cost was cheaper from tiresall because they are in California and I am in New Mexico, but I couldn't get them on the phone or email to check availability. I put in an order from the ebay guy yesterday . I think they will look great on the car. Geoff
  18. G

original spare

George, thanks for the info.Never heard of milestar tires but after an internet search found that they can be gotten from "Tiersall.com" in addition to the ebay site. I think they will look great on the 67. This forum can't be beat for Alpine information. Thanks again. Geoff
  19. G

original spare

Recently aquired a 67 Alpine with what appears to be an original spare. It is a Goodyear 600/13 whitewall. The other tires are obscure. Two Seberling 200 a78/13's and two Montgomery Wards glass track A78/13's. Needless to say the car has been sitting for a while. Too bad the whitewalls are no...
  20. G

US imports

Thanks for the reply's. I just aquired a 67 and was just curious. When I got married I had a 67 Healy and my wife had a 67 Alpine. Always wanted another Alpine and recently found one in great shape. Geoff