• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

original spare

Geoff 67

Donation Time
Recently aquired a 67 Alpine with what appears to be an original spare. It is a Goodyear 600/13 whitewall. The other tires are obscure. Two Seberling 200 a78/13's and two Montgomery Wards glass track A78/13's. Needless to say the car has been sitting for a while.
Too bad the whitewalls are no longer available. Any suggestions on replacements for the original wheels.
Geoff

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
4 Milestar MS75 Tires 175/80R13 175/80-13 1758013 80R R13 (150702075804)

try search this on ebay I got a set last week they look great! They have a 3/4 inch ww.:cool:

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Geoff,

George has done a lot of research in looking for a 13 inch whitewall tire for Sunbeams . These may be the only ones left being made. If you are not looking for whitewalls then the Firestone FR380 is a nice looking / riding tire.

Cheers,

Geoff 67

Donation Time
George, thanks for the info.Never heard of milestar tires but after an internet search found that they can be gotten from "Tiersall.com" in addition to the ebay site. I think they will look great on the 67. This forum can't be beat for Alpine information. Thanks again.

Geoff

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I put a set on my Alpine V and they look great! I am using my org. rims and beauty rings ,hubcaps it really looks good!:cool:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Geoff, check the total cost - the eBay guy ships for *free*... the "Tiresall.com" guy will ding you pretty good on shipping. The overall cost, at least for shipping to me, was about the same. And the eBay guy has at least got a rating system so I can get some idea if he's a fair dealer... I searched and could find *no* ratings on Tiresall, so I don't know if they're any good or not.

Anyway, I just ordered a set from the eBay guy last night... we'll see what I get!

Geoff 67

Donation Time
Kevin, For me the total cost was cheaper from tiresall because they are in California and I am in New Mexico, but I couldn't get them on the phone or email to check availability. I put in an order from the ebay guy yesterday . I think they will look great on the car.
Geoff

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
We ought to see if the guy will give us a deal here... I mean, we're doing free advertising for him! :)

Seriously, though, I wonder if he would offer a deal to the club?

Dzynr_Ron

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm not in market for whitewalls, but notice lots of TV shows get them from Coker Tire, any sizes there for Beams ?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
...any sizes there for Beams ?

Yes, the only white walls they carry are either *very* wide whitewalls (IMHO these would only look good on a very early Alpine), or they have narrow whites, but only in bias ply.

Narrow whites in a radial are a hard thing to find in Alpine sizes.