• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

US imports

Geoff 67

Donation Time
Just curious if anyone can tell me how many Alpines were imported into the US. I have seen a production total of 69,251, but no breakdown on how many came here.
Thanks
Geoff

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've never seen any numbers but I would guess probably 80% of production went to the U.S.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've never seen any numbers but I would guess probably 80% of production went to the U.S.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Years ago, someone posted that half went to the States, half to the rest of the world. I have no idea who that was or if they were correct.

Bill

Geoff 67

Donation Time
Thanks for the reply's. I just aquired a 67 and was just curious. When I got married I had a 67 Healy and my wife had a 67 Alpine. Always wanted another Alpine and recently found one in great shape.

Geoff

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I made an enquiry to Rootes Archives in the UK and received a reply from Robert Allan. The only way to know how many Sunbeams were imported in the US is to look at every sale and count the US imports. Rootes Archives does not have these records. They are in the Coventry Museum. So someone would need to go to the Coventry Museum and make that count.