• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Darksiders United - West Coast and beyond

I'll try my best to make it with my Sunbeam or an updated sob story. -John
  2. S

Go ahead, admit it......

I admit it. I really wish I had one.
  3. S

Shift knob

I found the one from my Series 4. I don't know if it will work for you, but I'm in Orange County. If you want it it's yours for the price of a beer. -John
  4. S

V6 Jose in Hospital

That's great news, Jose. I'm very relieved to hear that you are on the mend and headed home. Be well. -John
  5. S

V6 Jose in Hospital

You have my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. -John
  6. S

Throttle Stuck on my V6

It's good that you're making the best of it, but man, that sounds awful. I think Les just got the motor in mine so I may be able to get that cart back up to you this week.
  7. S

Ranger vs Mustang ll Crank Pulley

I just had the second groove removed. The consensus at the V6 conclave was that the slightly larger diameter would not be problematic.
  8. S

Ranger vs Mustang ll Crank Pulley

As I remember my Capri pulley was slightly smaller in diameter than the Ranger one. I had the Ranger one cut down because the Capri one was cracked.
  9. S

Aug 3 Cars and Coffee Irvine

I will make sure to be there. It's always so nice to see Sunbeams in running order. -John
  10. S

Irvine Cars & Coffee 7/13

I'm going to try to make it.
  11. S

Sunbeam get together

It was a great time! :D Who knew there were so many different ways to handle brakes? I have some good photos which I plan to email to Kelly and othere just as soon as those yahoos at my email provider gets their act together.:mad:
  12. S

Sunbeam get together

I'll be there, sans Alpine. I have pictures though.
  13. S

Sunbeam meet in So.Cal.

Count me in!
  14. S

Sunbeam get together

Another party at Garage Mahal :D Hopefully there won't be torrential rain this year. I'm hoping my car will be ready, but..... Either way it is guaranteed to be a good time.
  15. S

SAOCA facebook page

If there was a facebook page I would visit and link to stories or photos for my own profile. It wouldn't replace the forum, or at least I don't think people would use it that way. Photos of projects, car of the day/week, that sort of thing would probably be good enough. You wouldn't try to...
  16. S

V6,Body, Paint, Interior, Finished Photos

Wow, just wow! That looks great! I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see it in person. C&C?
  17. S

Name that fitting

Upon further examination it seems that earlier Offenhauser castings are made for the original fitting and later ones for 3/4. If you have an earlier casting as I do you either have to get an original fitting, modify the manifold for a 3/4, or modify a 3/4 fitting to work with the original size...
  18. S

Later series hardtop in WA

The car looks to be in great shape. http://bringatrailer.com/2013/01/12/bat-exclusive-original-1969-sunbeam-alpine-project/
  19. S

Name that fitting

That's what I did end up with. The 21/53 to 3/4 hose didn't seem to be a viable option.
  20. S

Name that fitting

This proved difficult, even with three people, two sets of calipers and a box full of fittings to try. In the end we decided to drill/tap for a fitting that made sense. It was either that or call the nice people at Offenhauser. Of course they would have told us that the fittings that were...