• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Jose in Hospital

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Glad you made it through OK. Went through the angioplasty and stent procedure over 12 years ago and I'm still doing OK. Just take it easy for a while and you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. Our thoughts and prayers are for you............Jim and Rita

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Jose, you are in our prayers here in NC. Glad you will be going home tomorrow and no doubt will be more comfortable there. If you get the results a friend of mine did , you are going to feel better and stronger.
Keep in touch.
Doug

mferris

Donation Time
glad you're doing well Jose. We just had a family member go through the exact same set of procedures. 6 months later she's doing better than she had been in the past 5 years. I hope the same happens for you.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I am doing OK, but still in the hospital. The doctor said that if I keep improving as I have to this point, he will send me home tommorrow. Youu don't know how good that feels. I had a pretty rough patch for a couple of days, but it appears I will be OK.

I hope I never, ever, feel that pain again! I've hear that dying from a heart attack is the easy way to go, but I would't agree.

Any way, it feels good to be back with you again. Looking forward to continuing the great relationships.

Jose

Jose,

Glad you are back online and on track... as for the ways to die.. i say hold off on trying them.. lets just say you gave this a run and decided you'd prefer not to go FULL STOP!

Hope you are back and kicking at full power soon... did you get them to do a bit of flow work and improve the breathing.. are you coming back as a more powerful V6 Jose? :cool:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Great news Jose!
Hi Guys,

I am doing OK, but still in the hospital. The doctor said that if I keep improving as I have to this point, he will send me home tommorrow. Youu don't know how good that feels. I had a pretty rough patch for a couple of days, but it appears I will be OK.

I hope I never, ever, feel that pain again! I've hear that dying from a heart attack is the easy way to go, but I would't agree.

Any way, it feels good to be back with you again. Looking forward to continuing the great relationships.

Jose

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Welcome back to the land of lollipops, green grass and little sunbeams. Make that BIG V6 SUNBEAMS.

Anyway glad to hear you're mending and hope you get better faster.

Al

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

I'm glad to hear such glowing reports because it gives me hope I won't ned to go through this kind of thing again soon.

My problem is that after I had the stent put in, I had terrible pain again, which even was worse then the first time. The first time, it took two dose of morphine to caalm the pain, but with this pain, two doses didn't wven tickle the paain. It took three doses to get it.

The doctors were waiting for the blood tsts to get back, to see if I'd had another attack. When they got back, there were enzymes in the blood that says I had had another hert attack. They had taken about seventeen electrocardiograms (no exageration), three resonance images of my heart all through this. One before the stent, one after, and one after I got that pain. They all concurred too, that I hadn't had another attack.There was another set of tests I took that confirmed there was no heart attack.

They decided that they would trust the data that agreed, rather tan with the only disagreeing factor. In the end, I will need to be careful with how I proceed from now on. One thing is certain, and that is I'll be excited to get home again.

I want to again say thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. In my life, I don't think I have ever run into a group of guys that care so much aabout just one member. God bless you all (even those of you who may no believe);-)

Jose

Glad you made it through OK. Went through the angioplasty and stent procedure over 12 years ago and I'm still doing OK. Just take it easy for a while and you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. Our thoughts and prayers are for you............Jim and Rita

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad you're feeling better. Just do what the docs say. I don't know if you saw my earlier post about my brother-in-law. He had a heart attack at 51. Underwent a quad by-pass. He had a lot of anxiety and was afraid to do anything. I found Larry King's book Mr. King You're Having a Heart Attack. Talking to my brother-in-law, I found the same issues he was dealing with in the book. I sent it to him and ihe said that it helped him alot.

http://www.amazon.com/King-Youre-Having-Heart-Attack/dp/0440205220

KenDemp

Donation Time
Jose,
Glad to hear you are feeling better and heading home. Listen to the docs and follow orders, especially with regard to cardiac rehab, and you'll be kicking along just fine in no time.

Ken

mike_also

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jose,

I am happy you are with us still. This kind of thing shows you what your legacy is going to be. You've affected a good number of folks in a very positive way and we are not willing to let you go. So, thanks!

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
The disturbance in the force is subsiding, now that you are feeling better Jose. It is wonderful news that you on the mend! Take it slow and steady and you will be back up and rolling in no time. Welcome back.

craigb

Donation Time
Jose, I am glad to hear out of the hospital and on the road to recovery! Sorry you had to deal with all the pain, that's got to be very scary!
Usually pain is a real indicator of something that is not right, in this case it may have been to let you know there are a big bunch of V6 conversion guys letting you know your a friend, your appreciated and that you need to stay healthy! I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly.

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Welcome back Jose! Glad to know that you are on the mend.
Just do not overdo anything and you should back to normal soon.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the love. Don't quit praying for me, I'm not out of the woods yet. I spent the whole day in the ER today. I was feeling short of breath and couldn't sleep all night.

It is great to have susch a great bunch of friends.

Jose

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
My prayers are with you Jose, get well and once you get home work on replacing that 4 valve heart with a 6 valve one
Be well
Stephen