• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1967 SeriesV Alpine Jose's V6 Conversion.

1967 SeriesV Alpine Jose's V6 Conversion.

This car surprise me every time I take it... 2.8L V6/ T5/ 8 inch Ford with Trac-Lok 4.10... Next, a good set of 15 inch rims and tires and exhaust...'cause the side-pipes are just temporary.
  2. Y

Holley 390 cfm HP-NASCAR-Double pumper.

ALSALP, For the choke what I did is: I took the original choke pull-off cable in the dash and connect it to the throttle on the holley carb. I took the idea on my old International SCOUT that have a fast-idle cable for the PTO...With the ALPINE choke cable...the cable lock when you twist it...
  3. Y

Another new V6 install

Patriot Side-pipes... Mine are or I should say,were(Sunbeam he's sold) 2¾ inch from ground... A little bit too low but streetable... Congrat for your's...
  4. Y

Running gear from a 1967 Alpine.

Sold! Everything is SOLD!
  5. Y

1967 Alpine V6 Jose conversion.

Sold This Alpine is SOLD!
  6. Y

1967 Alpine V6 Jose conversion.

Hello guys, I have new projects in mind and need place (plus money) so my V6 Alpine is for sale:(... Had a lot of fun with it this summer, very reliable, fast, and 'TURN-KEY'. Asking $13,500 CDN
  7. Y

Running gear from a 1967 Alpine.

Since I am now a Dark-Sider... Everything you need for a stock Alpine in good running condition... Complete 1725 engine...running very strong... Complete 4 speed tranny with clutch... Complete housing 3.89(except shocks mounting brackets...those are on my new 8 inch Ford);) Living near Montreal...
  8. Y

Ready for the V6 tunnel mod

Rich, If my Webshots site can help...I'll be please:) There is some photos of how I did it last April 2010. Go there:http://rides.webshots.com/album/577325508drvOai
  9. Y

Alpine correct ride height and spring rates

Alpine V6 height. As a guideline, My V6 Alpine have a 24¼FrontLeft and 24 FrontRight / 23 1/8 RearLeft and 23 RearRight. This is with ½ Fuel tank, P175/70/13 tires and nobody in the car. Would like to have the front 1 inch lower...but it still looks OK. Soon, with the P195/65/15 tires...
  10. Y

Eleceric Speedo

This is what I've done with mine... Modified the originals caisings of the RPM & SPEEDO(did some holes in the back of the caisings), put respectively the Autometer RPM & SPEEDO inside the originals caisings,hold it with the two screws in the back.Autometer are 3 3/8'' so they fit tight...
  11. Y

Some darkside build photo's

da89soup, Great car, great project, great color, great everything...:) Love your hood scoop...looks like a mini BOSS 429:D
  12. Y

MikeH, No, 'cause I'm sure the vacuum secondary was working ==» before I change for the 80507, I had install a web camera into the engine bay plug to my portable computer and I can assure you that the secondary opened...;)
  13. Y

WildBill, Heads are fully ported with the Sven Pruett book tricks and some helpfull photos of JimE(Thanks)...Took me more than a month to ported those...:o The cam is one custom made by DELTA with the 'recipe' of V6 JOSE... Very nice design,rough idle(sound like a V8),smooth mid-range and...
  14. Y

MikeH, Yes, exactly...it's a full mecanical double pumper...no more...'does my 4 barrels open?'...:p
  15. Y

MikeH, Yes, this carburator has secondary, it's a 390 cfm double pumper...
  16. Y

Since it was 75°F up north, I decide to try a new carburator on my 2.8L... A Holley 390 CFM 80507 NASCAR!!!:eek: If you can live without a choke mecanism on your V6, then I'm telling you to run buy this carburator, 'cause it as change my V6 like I never expected...In my opinion, it's the...
  17. Y

First Start of Rebuilt V6

Hey Alpine II, Very happy for you...Since we live near from each other...hope to see your V6 Alpine in a near future, we coulnd take a ride in our V6 Alpine:D...Congrat and if you need help...Just ask...
  18. Y

MSD ignition

I went with a CraneCam HI-6 with an integrated rev-limiter that I had in my garage since 20 years...and love it
  19. Y

Brake hose

Socorob, when I did my brake line tubing , I took 3/16 EZ-Bend lines all around the car and a braided hose for the rear end jonction'T'. I still have the two original calipers and rubber hoses up front and Ford drums at rear...Alpine stops on a dime... EZ-Bend lines are so easy to install...
  20. Y

shifter handle...

Socorob, Photos...???