• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Some darkside build photo's

da89soup

Donation Time
I thought you darksiders may want to see a few build photos. My father has been sitting on a 1962 Series II since 1971. As a kid growing up my father got me into cars and since I have been building cars, trucks, boats and bikes all of my adult life. About two years ago I finally conviced my father to do something with his Series II. I cant put anything back together stock so after some research a V6 build was going to be the only choice. We started a couple years ago and since I live a couple hundred miles away from home we plan out weekends to work on the car. We should have it finished by spring and I will update the thread with pictures as we finish.

Details
2.8 fresh rebuild from 78 mustang II, Ofenhouser intake, T5 direct from Summit, Dana 44 from 66 tiger rebuilt with LSD and 4.11's.

Pictures more to follow

DSC02413.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

SDC10694.jpg

britbeam

Donation Time
Lookin good and where did you get your wheels. The wheels are unique should make your build be one of a kind. Doesnt that engine fit nice?
Dwain V6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Dwain,

Those wheels are from a 1977 or1978 Capri II. They are nice looking too.

Jose

Lookin good and where did you get your wheels. The wheels are unique should make your build be one of a kind. Doesnt that engine fit nice?
Dwain V6 Krazy

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Those wheels do really look nice, especially with the color selection!
I'm putting Capri wheels on my Series V, but they look different than those do. Those look more like Cosmics than Ford wheels. Did Ford put two different style wheels on Capris?
Mine look like this picture.

Cheers!
Steve

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 70

da89soup

Donation Time
Wheels

Those look more like Cosmics than Ford wheels.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!

My father bought those wheels for the car in the early 70's. They need new rubber badly and to be cleaned up but we are going to salvage them as part of the build because they do go well with the build colors. The car does have a freshly painted black hard top which really brings out the wheels. The car currently is farther than the pictures. The trunk, doors and hood are all painted and on the car now. We did put a tastefull scoop on the hood and plan on sticking the air cleaner into it. The hard top as well is painted and on. The picture of the motor and T5 in the car was a test fit so we could mark up exactly where our brackets were going. The motor is out now but will be going back in for good as soon as I go home again. I am going home in a couple weeks and I will update this thread with current pictures.

Ryan

bluoval

Donation Time
Father son build

Wow!! The alpine looks great and to think that it is a Father Son project puts it on another plain thanks for the pics and story of the build.. Earl bluoval

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Ryan,

Your Father and yourself need to be commended for an excellent job. You don't see many Alpine's that colour. You are so lucky, I miss the interaction with my Dad and the Sunbeams. I like the number plate... very appropriate :) .

Keep us posted.

Regards, Robin.

da89soup

Donation Time
from this weekend

Here a a few pictures from this weekend.

Status

We have headers on the way from Jose so the engine and T5 will be back in the car for good in a few weeks. Once we get the engine in for good then we are going to run the wire and exhaust and see if it will run. Our luck it will dump oil all over the floor......lol.

I dont want to give away all the build plans so you will have to stay tuned. BTW the funny looking guy in one of the pictures is my proud father. I am so glad we can build him the car he always wanted together.

After talking this weekend our plan is to have it at Invasion next summer since it is so close. We are looking forward to it!!

body.jpg

body2.jpg

body3.jpg

dlyle123

Donation Time
Hey, at least your dad wears white socks. My dad wears black dress socks sometimes with his tennis shoes.

the car looks great and I really like the color.

Yenko

Donation Time
da89soup,

Great car, great project, great color, great everything...:)
Love your hood scoop...looks like a mini BOSS 429:D

da89soup

Donation Time
Thanks Everyone!!

I will be going home again in a few weeks as soon as we can get the headers from Jose. We will then be putting the engine and T5 back in for good. I will try to get more detailed photos. Lots of work to get the car up and running for spring and many details to finish up but it should be a very busy winter. I am excited to show the forum all the plans I have in my head to really make the car stand out.

Ryan

da89soup

Donation Time
Home for thanksgiving!!

This year my father and I decided that we would try to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Sunbeam. I had a great plan for the weekend!! I wanted to get the Cosmics refinished and get the front suspension down and out. It all would have got done except the stupid holiday got in the way....lol. Here are some pictures of the weekend.

We took the lame ass Bias tires off and got down to trying to save the old pitted and faded 40 year old Cosmics that my father had to include in the build.
tapingcosmics.jpg

Finished!!
cosmicsfinished.jpg

Here is as far as I got on the front Suspension. I am going home in a couple weeks again and I will get all the suspension out and get everything painted and ready for all new parts.

frontend.jpg

da89soup

Donation Time
more from the weekend

Here are a few more from the weekend.

The underbody is completely undercoated and the LSD 4.11 Dana 44 is looking good.

dana44.jpg

underbody.jpg

We should have the headers soon and then we can put the 2.8 back in for good and add all the chrome. We just got a bunch back from the chromers so I cant wait to get the engine and the T5 back in for good.

engine.jpg

I will add more again in a few weeks.

Ryan

kmathis

Donation Time
Keep the photos coming; looks real good.
Your motor looks good sitting there ready to go in. I just got my block and heads back from the machine shop last week and starting the re-assembly; can't wait.
Nice wheels.