• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by thomson

1. SI 1959 Alpine

SI 1959 Alpine

This is my racing 1959 historic ALPINE down here in Sydney Australia
  2. T

Tech tips....removing tapers

Removing link What I do is remove the nuts , Then jack up the car ,I then have a rod about 2 feet long on which I have wielded a right angle rod on one end about 4 inches long .Place the rod with the right angle under the link close to the arm with the other end on the floor of the garage...
  3. T

Rear floor panels

Floor There was no modification done on the floor or suspension pick ups for the Tigers , so yes they are the same
  4. T

Torque Steer

I think you will find the front bushes in the rear springs have gone soft
  5. T

aluminium radiator

Is there any company in the States that makes an aluminium radiator for a series 3 upwards?.
  6. T

Mystery of the Vanishing Coolant

water Just a guess but you should not fill the tank above 3/4 full water is uncompressorable so you need some air which is to allow for the expansion of the water with heat.
  7. T

Negative camber front assembly

negative camber YOU know I cannot remember but I remember the supports jolted me as at that stage no one had published the fact they were series 3 based. as far as the cross member after measuring it to see if the top points have not moved in ,I cut a hole in the bottom near the inner wishbone...
  8. T

Negative camber front assembly

front ends You will get no more chamber on the late front ends ,in fact if you bushes and pins are in good condition you will get less flex and movement out of the early king pin set up than the latter rubber bushed type,you could put solid bushes in the late type but if your early type is...