• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

aluminium radiator

alpine_64

Donation Time
Peter,

I don think there is an off the shelf Alloy radiator for the alpines...

however Dandenong radiators in Melbourne have a pattern for an alloy alpine radiator for S3-V. Peter Varley (sunbeamowner user ID on this site) had it made there a few years back.. you can probably see pictures of it if you browsed his posts on the site... or PM him

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey jim,

I had seen these on ebay.. what concerns me is its just a 3dm massing model in a computer.... of the normal radiator.. wonder if they have actually "made" one yet.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The same thing occurred to me. But I looked at their feedback and this seems to be their business and the feedback is all good. Still, I suspect the next order will be their first. On the other hand, considering the costs of a recore, it looks like a good price.

Given that this may be a 'made to order' kind of thing, I wonder if they'd make a custom V6 version for that price?

alpine_64

Donation Time
I also wonder how they make them.. there is quite a variation in quality for the various Alloy radiators for the Tigers... some of the more expensive ones are not as good as some of the cheaper ones.. fit/finish vary greatly and of course some of the cheaper ones are also not as good as the more expensive ones.

Their service life based on construction method is also something to consider.