• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by RHFG

1. R

Rootes Front Wings

Looks exactly like the one I have been sitting on since 1979. When it was imported by NZ agents a few years earlier into NZ from Rootes UK it was reputed to be the last RH front guard they had.
  2. R

Looking at a Mark 1A Tiger

If the car has been re-bodied using an original Tiger as donor car which is no longer in existence then the car is a Sunbeam Tiger, just worth less than an unmolested original car. It won't drive any different being "factory original". Some of the welding from the factory was digusting...
  3. R

65 SV "California" car in Cleveland

I agree on the modern 5 speed comment, I had a 1966 Humber Sceptre a while back with automatic trans and when it packed it in I used a Toyota steel case 5spd and it transformed the car. These were easy to work with as the bell housing detatches like the Rootes cars and the gear shift came out in...
  4. R

Electric Power Steering (EPS) for your Alpine

Is the unit applicable to RHD cars? What about Tigers?
  5. R

New 3.0 Ford V6 ...will this fit in an Alpine?

If I was in the US I would be going the tried and true route as to V6 conversions, why re-design the wheel. The guy here spent a fortune as compared with the Alpine's value in the 70's simply because he was a true enthusiast, meaning he did not count the money spent and the final result was just...
  6. R

Dan yes I meant that converting the steering on an Alpine to R&P using MGB arms etc is so easy and requires no casting and machining of arms etc. We didn't know about this back in the 70's. It's also easier for you LHD guys if converting to a V8 that you don't have the problem of the water pump...
  7. R

Club member here in NZ used the Essex motor in the mid 70's, bored it out and used Chev 283 pistons, mated to an Alfa 5 spd. As already stated the header ports are a bit difficult to negotiate, if using this engine I would change the steering to rack and pinion using MGB arms & Midget rack etc...
  8. R

Horn Problem

Same here, I had the same problem of getting the horns to work only to find a few days later they hardly produced anything audible. So I went with a relay mounted close to the fuses on the inner guard and bought some new horns which are much louder than the originals and quite a bit smaller. I...
  9. R

Wire Wheels

Anyone know of any bolt-on wire wheels in 15 x 5.5-6" or similar that fit the 4 x 4.25" stud pattern of the Tiger/Alpine and will take the power? I've had experience back in the 80's with Truespoke 14x7 with 5x 4.75" PCD, but prefer not having to re-drill the front hubs and use Jag rear hubs etc.
  10. R

Head Light Rims

Not in my neck of the woods now.
  11. R

Head Light Rims

Has anyone looked at making head light rims on a 3D printer?
  12. R

Hard Top S1-11

Need a S1-11 hardtop and screen frame etc for a race car project. Need to get to Calif for shipping to NZ. Russ deltagolf 'at' xtra.co.nz
  13. R

Late model 5 spd. to Alpine V anyone?

Toyota g/box I live in NZ and know the guy who runs Conversion Components. He did the bell housing cut and weld to adapt a W55 to a Ford Toploader bell for my Tiger. These trans will take 300hp no problem and are overkill for a 4cyl Alpine, here we use the T50 for this. There are still a few...
  14. R

Tiger Front Suspension

Whose M11 bits should I buy? Any drawings/measurements of the beam cut?
  15. R

Headlight Rims

Anyone know of repro 60's chromed peaked headlight rims? Russ