• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Head Light Rims

65beam

Donation Time
rims

several years back there was a run of them made of fiberglass. they did not have the strength of originals and did tend to fall off. someone need to make some on a printer to see what happens. could you use the same paint as the car in order to match color and could they be chrome plated?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Cast parts

My partners and I got the AC Housings made for Tigers. Big difference between stamped steel and a cast pot metal headlight ring. Many racers favor the MK2 or SV style cause of it's aerodynamic and style. Lot's of Tiger guys like em cause they just do and maybe don't want to look like a 55 T bird;)

We looked at making them very closely after the AC project but there just aren't the numbers there to make them close to $200 USD per set. Thru our research that is a magic number that would bring guys Tiger and Alpine owners to crack open their wallets. We can't and won't be able to make either but have seen the carbon fiber ones and the fiberglass ones and painted up are passable. But beware Bob's advice as it is painful to watch a part sail off the car at speed rattled off by the Bot's dots while changing lanes.

The used headlight rings, both types come up quite often on eBay and are still being pulled out of estate sales or super old growth forest like garage sales.

I have a set of MK2 ones available for sale soon.

dmich2

Donation Time
Just curious Warren. What was the number to get them to the $200.00 mark? And am I understanding you that the ones you had for the AC project were cast?

Dennis

65beam

Donation Time
rims

warren,
the fiber glass ones didn't work either. the last I heard they were on a tiger race car.