• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a year

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck,
Summer for you is what two weeks bad cross country skiing?
JIM
You are close
I think I need to find one of those kits for the Model T that had skis for the front and a tag axle that let you run tracks.Then put it on the Model A and drive it all year.There was an article on a hot rod done up this way.:D
Well you can guess I really I won't be doing this as its my wifes car.

Jim E

Donation Time
You know when i lived in Ohio there were some winter activities I really liked. The top was fishing spill ways for Saugeyes, man was that fun and those fish out of that ice cold water were good eatin! Use to take two reels so when one froze up you could switch, warm the froze one in your pocket and carry on. Of course you had to keep blowning the ice out of the rod eyelets... still it was colder than a well diggers butt...

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim... I hope this makes you smile...

P11.jpg

P12.jpg

I am off to Lime Rock this weekend. I had to see if the car was running Ok.
Sort of similar to marking a tree in the yard.

The red one I took to the company car show... on Monday.

P10.jpg

Now, if that didn't make you smile surely this beer ad does....
it was somewhat humorous. It reminds me of an ad my brother in-law wrote for a company in California.

image001.jpg

Steve

Jim E

Donation Time
Looking like the fat lady sang or the other shoe dropped... stick a fork in me I am done... friggin hell

Jim E

Donation Time
So today looks better three posible jobs one of which is for sure but it is the one I want the least. Things may just be looking up! what a diff a day makes....

Jim E

Donation Time
You got that right but it beats living in a van down by the river....

The funny thing is all three jobs are working for contractors who contract to the company that cut me loose... so now it will cost them more than if they offered me real money and kept me... go figure

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hang in there Jim! If there is anything to the 'postive thoughts' thing, you've got the entire Alpine community pulling for you. And, I like the symmetry of you working for the same company but at a higher rate. Serves them right!

Will any of the jobs require a move?

Jim E

Donation Time
Thanks everyone! You too jim.

One job is a move to Tampa, Florida the other two are from the house but involve a lot of travel, there is another one that would involve a move to frozen hell.... SD... brrrrr am not even considering that one actually.

The one I want is working for Zenith....

jack Bacon

Donation Time
South Dakota wouldn't be that bad and you do get to thaw out in the spring.

That's why we have insulated and heated garages here in the Upper Midwest so we can work on our cars all year.

You wouldn't want to miss ice fishing, skiing, snomobiling & snocross, ice racing,etc!

Regards,

Jack

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Pheasant hunting for SD this year is expected to be the best ever. Bird counts are at an all time high.

C'mon, Jim - it would be nice to have another Alpine owner in SD - As far as I know, there are 5 Alpines in the entire state - and I own 3 of them. :)

jack Bacon

Donation Time
I left out all the activites like some of the best hunting and fishing (how about a 54" Muskie?) and motorsports of course. Vintage, drag & stock car racing, hillclimbs, autocross, watercross and car shows galore.

And don't forget about The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD!!

Regards,

Jack

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Maybe because I'm old and have been retired to a place where the average day time temp is between 79 and 81, and average night time temp is from 69 to 71, I can understand Jim's aversion to the cold. I have been there for three years, and the other night it got down to 54 degrees, here in Bakersfield, California, and I felt like it was zero degrees. I'm not used to cold anymore. Brrrrrr...:D

Jose :)

Jim E

Donation Time
Soui Falls [is that how you spell that?] is where the job is and it is for the same folks who let me go, a upper level goffer manager of a sort in the installations department. From what I hear it has been turned down/not applied for by everyone, was suggested to me I call about it.... the fishing sounds good guys.... no real slight intended with the frozen hell thing to you folks who live there. I will be headed out to the corp offices in SD to train or qualify to install the new companies systems so maybe while I am there will change my mind.

The Tampa job is over seeing installs, this one is again working for the peckerheads who cut me loose. Job is posted but not quite really open yet. Would be working for a guy I have known for a long time.

The Zenith job a friend is working on making up for me, seems they need someone to fly around and smile and shake hands at Marriotts along with making sure things go smooth on the installation of the new TVs. Seems Marriott has ordered over 300,000 flat panels to be installed at the smaller properties. Right now Z has one person doing all the glad handing and it is driving her nuts. Oh and I use to work for her she put me in management.

The other jobs, the sure thing jobs, is working for contractors over seeing installations of movie systems in hotels and TV refit crews and deinstalls. There are actually several guys who want me for this. The suck on this work is you are gone all the time living in hotels. The up side is I will most likely start next week or right after I get back from training in SD....

I want the Zenith job, just fly around take meetings, talk on the phone, tell people what to do and smile! the best part is no picking up heavy stuff!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Road jobs

The Zenith job a friend is working on making up for me, seems they need someone to fly around and smile and shake hands at Marriotts

Nice thing about moving around jobs is the company subsidizing our hobby/obsession. When I was DSM for BMW Motorcycles back in the late
70's, I made it a point to drive thru cities where dealers had either given up the franchise or had it canceled. I'd buy up their old parts stock and sell it to other Vintage BMW restorers. Really didn't delay me from my duties as everything was on a route and the visit never took more than 30 minutes and the dealers were happy to get rid of the stuff. I'd buy up NOS from active dealers too. You might be able to track down that illusive barn find.

Well, we can always dream.