• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a year

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jeff I am sorry to hear of how things have been going. If it makes you feel any better, I have been to Iraq and let me tell you, you don't want to go there................
Why not get a load of parts from your cars that you want to sell and bring them to the Invasion? You will not only be able to sell them to a captive audience but you will be among some of the nicest folks you would want to meet and the change of scenery would do you good. I would like to pay your Invasion registration as a gift if you are able to attend. Eric

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Jeff,
You might consider contact Tom at TWAutomotive about the cars and bits you want to get rid of. He's local to you and that should make it easier.

Yes Mike, I met Tom about 5 years ago when I first discovered the SAOCA website. In fact, I bought an SV body shell from him. His basement looks like a Sunbeam parts warehouse. I will definitely get hold of him before I just scrap anything.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jeff,
I'll give you some money for the transmissions, but I don't know when I can get up there to load them up. I might be going up to Oshkosh WI in late July with my pick up truck. I could stop in on the way back and load up some stuff.
Jan

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Jeff,

Sorry I haven't contacted you earlier, I don't always follow the threads here. Sorry to hear about your problems too, that sucks.

If you need help with anything let me know. I should be able to make some time to help out, gather/strip parts, store some stuff until Jan or whomever can come pick it up, etc...

I've done a little bit of eBay, if you like I can put some of the stuff up for you, maybe make you a few bucks. Is the stuff around here or in Wisconsin? Do you still have the shop?

I can be available for non-Sunbeam stuff too, if you need it.

Todd

gordonra

Donation Time
What a year is right...

Just learned a couple days ago that the wife is leaving me for another (internet) guy and moving to the other coast. Oh joy.

A

AutoX47

Hang in there Jeff, and you are in my prayers

Seeing those dell'ortos on your father's engine and all the cool work you do was inspiring. I had a blast going to the invasion with you, too!

If it weren't for you and Jim (not to mention the rest of the SAOCA) I don't think I would have ever got my 'Beam on the road. The whole experience was life changing, Thanks Jeff

A

AutoX47

Thanks Tom!

I haven't played with my Sunbeam in quite a while, hopefully next weekend I can change the oil and take her out for the first drive this year.

It's great to read the posts of the same good people we had before the forum switch :D

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Jeff I am sorry to hear of how things have been going. I would like to pay your Invasion registration as a gift if you are able to attend. Eric

Eric, sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your generous offer. I am hoping to be able to attend this year, if nothing more than to just get away from things for a few days with some folks who enjoy one of the few loves in my life that has lasted through many other trials and tragedies within my life over the past 30 years. Although I would not be able to accept your offer to pay my registration, the kind offer makes me feel that much more welcome.
Although I'm sure if I spent the time to inventory, photograph and list alot of the stuff I have, my biggest concern is to not just scrap a bunch of duplicate/triplicate parts that I may never find a use for, but may just be the golden item sought by someone else in our community. As a matter of fact I don't recall ever making a dime on parts or labor from a fellow Alpine enthusiast, although lately I've been trying to at least break even!
Although Labor Day weekend is my Birthday weekend,(Sep 3rd) which means having the right to have my daughters, the one thing the X has been fantastic about is letting me see them as often and pretty much whenever I like, so I,m looking to come early and then head home sunday night leaving me Monday to have a birthday thing with my daughters.
We'll see how things go, but at least the sun is coming up each morning now, and the days are getting to where some of them even end with the feeling of some accomplishment and self worth.
I know this is just supposed to be a car club, but for me it has been much more than words can ever express, thanks again all, hope to see you in a few months.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I hope it all works out that you can make it Jeff. But if it comes down to a choice between us and your kids, they gotta come first and we all understand that. Best of luck.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jeff, the "official" portion of the Invasion ends Saturday night, say tenish. Maybe ninish, depending on how the Banquet progresses. You will not miss much if you leave then. Certainly will not miss much if you leave mid Sunday morning.

Bill

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
Jan, we'll figure a way to get you all these trannys sooner or later.
Still hoping to make an appearance at the Invasion, Work has picked up a ton so getting one of the Beams ready might not happen.
I guess God is shedding some light in my direction, although yesterday the roof of my shop, which was being replaced, fell in during the deluge rain storm that came through. Being so busy, I hadn't had time to bring my Dad's Alpine back to the shop over the weekend for the final bit of work I have left on it. Let alone Saturday I delivered a just completed 67 AMC Ambassodor convertible that had been a year long restoration, the roof came in right where either of them would have been sitting.
The worst damage is to a Firebird Convertible I had just had sandblasted, it's now a complete shade of silvery orange!
As I say, at least these days I'm trying to look on the up side of things instead of "Why me?"
I've missed being on the forum as much as I used to be, just wasn't feeling too social. It looks like life is at least getting liveable again, maybe soon I'll even start enjoying things again.
You guys have been great, Geing involved again may be just what I need.
Thanks again.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope that you can make it to the Invasion Jeff! I am looking forward to some good Sunbeam talk with friends. Eric