• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a year

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
They just lost the best man for the job. Unfortunately, when a new company buys out another business, they want to cut costs and want for the exhisting employees to either go away, or take less in the way of compensation. I have confidence that you will find something that you will enjoy a lot better, so stay positive. Might be a good time to help Norman out and maybe you will like it enough to take over for him.

( I would have your first Alpine to finish. The super charged one I've been working on for so long.)

Jose :)

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sorry, Jim, for the bad news.

I believe that when a door is closed, another will open. Hang in there.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Jim, I hope things take a change for the good soon.
Today, after 6 months of BS with the insurance co.(AIG), I get a call that they finally read all the paperwork I had submitted and are now going to reinstate my benefits and schedule my second (and hopefully final) surgury.
While I am not looking forward to the surgery and subsequent recovery time, I am looking forward to working without the fire in my right elbow!
Anyhow, maybe the planets are re-aligning or whatever they say, and things will get to a better place.
looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks, and hearing what good news you will hopefuly have!
Keep the faith!

Jim E

Donation Time
Thanks guys. I have a couple irons in the fire well thoughts on how to make a living anyway. The up side is the go away package is pretty good and will give me time to get it together. May start my own company doing install work for the same folks who cut me loose, then there may be something at Direct TV and there is always the car gig, heck I may even move back to southern Ohio if there is a slot on the Ian team for the V6 side of the house. The Norman option is always there as well. Right now I am waiting for them to let me go until then not much I can do actually not much for me to do being my workers all started reporting to the new boss on Monday. Thanks again everyone for the nice words

Jim E

Donation Time
Getting down to the lick lock...

Well Friday is my last day or at least HR has scheduled an exit conference call. Still just to keep it interesting was told end of last week I was still being considered for the Atlanta job. To make it even more interesting... shall we say... got a call yestarday from a guy in Ohio works for the same company, and he offered me a lead tech job, pretty much the same coin I make now and I can live anywhere I want in Ohio..... of course I have to take the job before Friday or get the Atlanta position before then... dang looks like a move or the poor house at this point. Got a feeling I am Ohio bound....

Jim E

Donation Time
Crap.... just found out the Ohio job filled today so it is down to Atlanta... should know in a half hour or so...

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Jim, if nothing pans out, I could fly down here and pay you to help me put my car together. Don't think I could live up to your salary though--$20 a day and found is about all I could manage. Good luck in the search. I figured that Ohio would be ideal for you, with all the Beamers in the area. And I understand that all the sewage runs downhill in that state.

Which reminds me: I keep hearing from guys on this forum who have brothers-in-law who are also crack mechanics. What did I do wrong to get a semi-retired bond salesman for a b.i.l.? A good guy, but no help with a wrench. Makes me wish my wife had an unmarried sister I could set up with someone!

Sam

Jim E

Donation Time
Service manager in the pay-per-view movie industry. We supply PPV,Sat,FTG,HDTV and such to hotels. You stay in a Marriott for example and when you turn on the TV it comes up on our "Barker" channel, from there you can order a movie, surf the net, watch HBO or local channels and such.

Mostly the last 8 years I settle down folks who are upset about TV.... you would be amazed how upset someone can get when the Movie system does not work...

Jim E

Donation Time
While I hear the fat lady has not sung yet she has certainly warmed up got my exit interview Friday... feels over. Been told it is still down to me or one other fellow for Atlanta. HR said if they do not hurry up I will get the severance money and the job, which would be nice and which happened once before in a past buy out.

Oh and my cell number for those who call me on it is a work phone not sure how much longer it will be on certainly not past this coming Tuesday or if it is you will know I am Atlanta bound...

Nickodell

Donation Time
Jim E: If you don't mind some advice from one who has changed jobs multiple times: In the past, two jobs I got against competition (in one case vs. a guy with better credentials) were because I was the only candidate to write a follow-up letter, thanking them for the interview and v. briefly restating why I thought I was the best one for the job.

You've probably done this already, but if not, it's just a suggestion.

Also, I teach adult education English, and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) classes as a part-time job a couple of evenings a week, so if you feel your English grammar/spelling/punctuation is not first class, send me a PM and I'll be glad to correct it. My charge is modest [KIDDING! I'll be glad to help, free, if I can.] This may be a superfluous offer; your English may be better than mine.

Jim E

Donation Time
Thanks Nick,
I know my grammer and sprinkling of comas is not first class, over coming my hillbilly roots is not easy.. but we are long past sending letters at this point......

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Jim,

We are looking for both a service tech and a service manager here in Minneapolis at Konica Minolta. If you are interested, drop me a line.

Best regards,

Jack

Jim E

Donation Time
Thanks Jack, brrr the great white north, been a while since I was ice fishing. Will keep it in mind just not sure I have the long johns for it anymore.

Company came got my stuff yestarday [phone laptop meters and such] but left the company car. I called the big wheel and said it was ok for the car to stay for a while, just keeping my bread buttered, and he said I was still in the running and he would call me soon....

I find this all very odd and since it has gone this long I get the severance no matter what....

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Jim
Thats not even the great white north but just close.
We're still 450 miles north.
You could take up snowmobiling.

Jim,

We are looking for both a service tech and a service manager here in Minneapolis at Konica Minolta. If you are interested, drop me a line.

Jack