• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a year

Jim E

Donation Time
Now I am out of a job.... well is posible I can move to Atlanta and have a job but being so many of us got the ax the competion is going to be tuff... Ian you are so right todays buisness world is heartless

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am sorry to hear this Jim. Wish you could do the V6 conversion thing full time-that would make you and others happy too. SCAT needs you to stick around South Carolina!! Eric

Jim E

Donation Time
This job thing has been over my head for a while now. Along with a multitude of other smacks in the head. Figure it will all shake out here in the next week one way or another, if I do not get the Atlanta job will have plenty of time for the V6 stuff. Might be living in a van down by the river though.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Jim E, Got lots of room in the Atlanta area for you, come on down !!

Tom j

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Hey Jim, sounds like we are in the same boat, you know, the glass bottom one and I dropped the anchor on the floor!
The tendon in my elbow wasn't fixed right, the insurance company is ROYALY messing with me, the wife is talking about splitting, bills are to the ceiling.
Other than that, my Dads Alpine is finally almost done!
The worst part is the sadness in my daughters' eyes.
Hope is about all that's left and that's seeping out of the holes in my pockets!
Would enjoy seeing you at the Invasion though, don't recall hearing if your gonna make it.
You bring the Jack Daniels and I'll bring the Beer. Whichever.

saltykracker

Donation Time
Hey Jim, we are in our own business, and one thing I learned. When one door closes another one opens, keep your eyes on the horizon. Stan

mikephillips

Donation Time
Sorry to hear about this Jim, life in a corporation is a tough business anymore. BUt instead of selling those movies, maybe you can star in them...;)

Jim E

Donation Time
I hear you Jeff.... son wrecks car with only liablity insurance, getting divorced, Dad died, lost my marbles, repeatedly break the V6 car, job of the last 18 years goes away..... now if this opening with the new company in Atlanta comes thru it will be a step up so maybe my luck is turning. oh well got to go the exit interview call is coming in about 5 minutes...

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
What do you do?

Serious question, might someone knows an opening in a company that fits you and your skills.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Jobs lost

Serious question, might someone knows an opening in a company that fits you and your skills.

I have always just said a few choice words, Then Kick myself into gear. Over the last 40 years I have only been at one company for over 5 years, this is the last one.. Then the honey doo club for me. I would suggest to those not in the job loss position to always look forward to getting the axe. Try other skills, I know that is an old addage but you must always hang on to any info on other situations.
In the past a carpenter, foundry, steel shops as a fabricator weldor, own business as a portable welding company. Fence installer along with siding. Then truck driving on the road, back went out I went to sales.. By the way the back is still bad..

So there is nothing to get you down just try anything new.
See if you qualify for any Vet benefits if so. The state resource center can direct you to a school program..
Good luck all in your ventures, and let us know how it comes out.....:)
My 2 p
Chuck 4 months and 8 days to go.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sorry to hear that Jim, have been wondering about your lack of posts lately. Hoping things work out for the best. Like the commercial says, life comes at you fast.

Ken Ellis - where the hell you been for the past 6 months? Been wondering, hoping you were on a VERY big job.

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Sorry to hear of your job loss. I have spent my life going from job to job being in the airplane biz. I worked on the road contracting for four years and got sick of living in motels and eating in greasy spoons. I made up my mind that I would be self employed and started buying every tool I could get my hands on, I worked seven 12 hour days for six months one stretch. I opened Skywords and never looked back /fifteen years ago.

My advice to you in this world of outsoarcing and Chineese rubber dog sheet is work for yourself. Screw the big corporations they will do it to you.

Even if it is a Hot dog stand. You will make your own destiny.

If you are on the skids and need work right away PM me maybe I can help.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Song Writer

I hear you Jeff.... son wrecks car with only liablity insurance, getting divorced, Dad died, lost my marbles, repeatedly break the V6 car, job of the last 18 years goes away..... now if this opening with the new company in Atlanta comes thru it will be a step up so maybe my luck is turning. oh well got to go the exit interview call is coming in about 5 minutes...

I think you just wrote a country song here, now to find a tune too go along with it :D
Seriously wishing you all my good luck, just keep looking and be open for the opportunities that may come your way, any and all of those opportunities ;)

Donna
:D

Jim E

Donation Time
WOO HOO got the call I go to Baltimore [of all places] next week and interview for the job in Atlanta!

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Jim, best o' luck on the Atlanta gig.

Bill, my six months away from here was spent on a few large projects,
plus lots of deferred issues from the previous summer (when I played hookie
a lot working on the new garage) and working through a major
shift in my business operations to track customer's migration to digital and/or
high-def video. Throw in my son's highschool track and soccer
activities, ongoing home renovation, etc., and dad's hobbies go on the
back burner for awhile.

Went to one car show here in Columbus a few months ago (where
Sunbeam was the featured marque) but otherwise the car activities
have been fairly light. This weekend we're sorting through parts
to bring to Tipp City to sell, including a SII rolling shell that's not too
rotten. Missed the MidOhio races this year, too. But I'm planning to
make Tipp City, maybe Eastwood Lake, and maybe Cleveland for
the Hillman thing, too.

And I've got an obligation to Paul K. here re: parts substitution, too.
I might put out a notebook at the Invasion for input for that.

How did your move go? I saw you're closer than before...

And back to Jim -- hang tough, hope all goes well, and hope
you get to journey northward on Labor Day.

Ken

Jim E

Donation Time
Well so much for that... got the job offer but the money was way not right and no counter offer then finally the call of more or less... go away.