• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ciggy lighter

Limey

Donation Time
I'm on a roll, don't stop me..
Whilst I've been away I also picked up his Rootes Ciggy lighter accesory item.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
What a find ! Could you do some close up´s of the lighter itself ? Would specifically interested in the rear wire connection and a front view...

Limey

Donation Time
Sure,

I'll do it tomorrow when I get back home. The box is a bit tatty but I love bits like these. I'm no J. Green but NOS boxes have a certain smell of the Sixties...:eek: ( and no, i dont mean weed, man;))

65beam

Donation Time
lighter

F.Y.I.

if any of you want a duplicate of this for use in your cars, they are available thru moss motors.

65beam

Donation Time
lighter

appear identical to me. i have one NOS and they are the same . made in the U.K. i bought a couple to fill the holes in my instrument panels and they are identical to the original ones that i took out. they are nonfunctional and are just there.

Limey

Donation Time
You are the J Greene of the UK!

I deny that, catagorically!

Because I don't want to use remade parts in my resto if i can help it, I have picked up one or two NOS & boxed bits after 3 years of ebaying: an early series front grill, headlight rims and 2 pairs of rear light units, one pair in the very early box design. Delswift ariel rear view mirrors; Sparto reverse lamps, boxed, horn ring boxed, NOS crated overdrive ( Mmmmm, crated overdriveView attachment 1857), NOS gearbox and gear stick, NOS Zeniths ( these look sooo good), NOS diff, NOS Lucas tripod headlights, All dash dials, all keys and locks, Lumax fog and spots, wiper motor, relays, regulator, starter, dynamo, steering cowling, valves, springs, tappets, complete steering column, shock dampers, parking light, water bottle and holder, distributor, dip switch and rubber, Rootes branded fan belt, brake drums, all nos and mostly boxed.....

Hang on! Oh no! I am becoming J.G. UK.!!:D

No Chance of that!:p These will all be used on my rebuild. I'll put the empty boxes on Ebay if any body wants them (they smell so good)

Wish I had JG's collection tho' and Mr Damelio's and Ians and Atallmcs

Dream on, me.:(

alpine_64

Donation Time
Limey,

IIRC your car was a SII? They used a different lighter to the S3-V cars i think.. at least early on. The S3-V ones are the same as found on MKII/420G and early E types.

65beam

Donation Time
lighter

according to my numerous parts books, the lighter had the same part number thruout the entire series of alpines. the knob and element had a different part number than the knob by itself.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Its the element/knob im reffering to. The S3-V have one that looks the same as the choke knob and the SIV-V washer plunger knob.. the early one was different.. they used to have pics in the concourse section of the site.. probably still do if i can navigate my way there!

65beam

Donation Time
lighter

still the same part number and i still see no reason to have them in a car. that what i like about our new cars. no ashtray and no lighter !!

alpine_64

Donation Time
still the same part number and i still see no reason to have them in a car. that what i like about our new cars. no ashtray and no lighter !!

I dont smoke.. but i love plugging the mobile pone charger.. tyre pump ect into them...

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I don't think there ever was a standard lighter or socket. Here is more evidence. The short knob lighter is out of my 1966 Tiger and it's matching socket is in the back row left side. The tall knobs are out of Series lV Alpines B94101947 and B9404213. The lighter socket back row center with the fuse holder is out of a 1963 Series 3 GT and the last socket rear right came out of a 1967 Series V. Also the the taller knobs have a raised flame with concentric circles radiating outward. Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
The lighter/el;ement on the far left is the correct S3-V item. They were made by casco. They are comon to the Jags MKII/420G and SI e-type... the others are probably owner installed.. i wish ian specner would chime in with pics of the early ones.. they might have been smiths.. they look quite different

64beam

Donation Time
The lighter/el;ement on the far left is the correct S3-V item. They were made by casco. They are comon to the Jags MKII/420G and SI e-type... the others are probably owner installed.. i wish ian specner would chime in with pics of the early ones.. they might have been smiths.. they look quite different

Do you tell children that Santa and the Easter bunny are not real or take their ice cream? ;) Limey seems so pleased that he found a Rootes cigar ligther and your trying to burst his bubble. The difference may have been factory V dealer option. I say let Limey be happy :D .

Regards, Robin.

65beam

Donation Time
lighter

robin,
you're right about how great it is to find items in original packages. i was feeling great when i found instument light bulbs in the rootes package.i don't know about other countries,but my opinion is that most options were dealer installed here in the states.i do know that my series 4 had only a heater in it when bought new. byers in columbus made more money selling amco items. i have a lot of items in rootes packages,but i have them in my display cases. i wonder if limey would tell us where he's finding this stuff? all i have to say is he's the lucky dog today!