• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. inline_eric

headlights lost….

HI, I have a 67 series 5 and just did my monthly start up and warm up…going through the electricals I have found my headlights are not working…the running lights work but when I move the toggle to the third position the headlights don't come on…this is a new problem...for the lights...
  2. inline_eric

Zenith Stromberg Carb leaking...

Hi All, I started my Series 5 up the other day with the hood open and noticed some light smoke coming off the motor and I was able to see something had leaked onto the exhaust and was burning off as the motor warmed up...well I turned it off and let it sit for a few days and found the exhaust...
  3. inline_eric

convertible top questions????

Hi All, I just purchased a convertible top on craigslist that was made back in the 1980s but never installed...I have a SV but this top was designed for a SIV so it does not have the velcro on the top...How should I make this top work? Would it be easier to buy velcro strips with the glue...
  4. inline_eric

Original heater lines and control valve

I am looking for original heater lines and a control valve for a 1967 Alpine..I would prefer original lines to get the feel of a factory car. Let me know what you have...thanks, Eric
  5. inline_eric

67 alpine V...mystery cable engine bay

Hi, I was looking at my alpine tonight and found a cable that is not hooked to anything and tried to trace it through the firewall with no luck...the cable comes out of the firewall above the steering column...close to the support bar...I have included pictures...everything on my dash board...
  6. inline_eric

Factory engine bay

Does anyone have pictures of how the engine bay looked in a 1967 series 5 Alpine...correct hoses and where they were laid out...any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric
  7. inline_eric

Heater hose factory correct...

Hey fellows, Spent the morning refreshing my 1725 badges with a post I found under "Stock". They turned out nice. Anyway I was wondering about the factory original heater hose. My hoses are blue with a light lime green stripe....they are worn so I know they haven't been changed recently but I...
  8. inline_eric

Best bolt and go carbs for 1725cc

Hi guys, Still enjoying the Sunbeam...looking to get some more power and efficiency...possible carb swap...what do you guys suggest. Any help would be appreciated since this is a decent sized purchase. Thanks, Eric
  9. inline_eric

Horn problems

Hi Forum, I have been a Sunbeam (1967 series V all original) owner for about 3 weeks or so and have been trying to fix the little problems and have a nice driver...well I repaired the turn signal today and it works great. I have moved on to my nonworking horn and have found some issues...first...
  10. inline_eric

Alpine...this one looks nice and price is right

Wow this one is affordable...Half way there for a V6 kit...nice parts on this carhttp://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4070325356.html
  11. inline_eric

Tiger Roll Bar Trade????

I recently acquired a sunbeam alpine and the previous owner was thinking about making a tiger clone out of it but decided to get out of the project, anyway when I got the car I also got a roll bar, which he said was out of tiger from southern cal...The bar is not welded or bolted to the car....I...
  12. inline_eric

Two more today on CL, Sparks Nevada and Oregon

Hey guys found these two new listings today... cd4qc-4069187489@sale.craigslist.org and sdjjs-4068954289@sale.craigslist.org
  13. inline_eric

Right wheel shimmy at 40 mph

Hi guys, I just had my car out for a cruise and was doing about 40 around a stout left hand bend and started to feel a decent shimmy in my right front wheel...as I backed off the shimmy went away...I corrected out of it pretty easily but it still gave me some butterflies. Any ideas on...
  14. inline_eric

1962 Alpine Escondido...looks solid

Saw this on Craigslist...nice price, looks solid. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4060278658.html
  15. inline_eric

1967 Alpine Western Colorado

Hi guys, Don't know if you have seen this one...looks nice...extra parts and hard top. http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4025416935.html
  16. inline_eric

Need Help...lost wipers, temp gauge, and fuel gauge

Hi guys, Me again with the new alpine...I have been working on getting my car road worthy...so i replaced the oil pressure gauge line with a line I bought from Sunbeam Specialties (As a side note the line sent to me from SS had two female ends on it, where the original line has one female end...
  17. inline_eric

New Alpine Owner

Hello Owners, I am a new owner of a 67 alpine and would like some input from seasoned owners...apparently my alpine was last driven in 1981 but was garaged since that time...the man who found it put some work into the brakes, radiator and rebuilt the carbs. I have the car now and am working on...