• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Roll Bar Trade????

inline_eric

Donation Time
I recently acquired a sunbeam alpine and the previous owner was thinking about making a tiger clone out of it but decided to get out of the project, anyway when I got the car I also got a roll bar, which he said was out of tiger from southern cal...The bar is not welded or bolted to the car....I like the bar but would like to get other more original parts like a soft top, tanneau cover, or hard top...I would trade the bar for a hard top or a soft top with a tanneau cover...I would like ones that in good condition...don't have to be new...I don't know what the value of the bar is so I don't know if this is a ridiculous trade either way but I am sure you guys will let me know....:) Just trying to get creative in finding parts.

Thanks,
Eric

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Keep in mind the roll bars value is probably around $200 to $250.
They are also very tough to ship.
Hard tops, particularly for SIII to SV are worth quite a bit more than the roll bar will be. Soft top frames are cheap and plentiful, but then you need the top itself and possibly trim pieces you may lack.

You dont say what year your car is, this is extremely relevant for top parts.

If you ever plan to put a roll bar in the car, keep what you have and save a ton of future money.

inline_eric

Donation Time
Thanks for the feedback...I tried to find a value and to have one made you would spend at least 5 to 6 hundred for a street bar...thats how I came up with my trade value.

The car is a 1967 Alpine and the roll bar is very nice with bases that fit the car even fit around the battery box. I was told this bar would fit under the soft top and hard top.

Eric

inline_eric

Donation Time
Sorry forgot to address shipping...It would be too expensive to ship this item but could meet you in Sacramento or Reno areas

RootesRich

Donation Time
Thanks for the feedback...I tried to find a value and to have one made you would spend at least 5 to 6 hundred for a street bar...thats how I came up with my trade value.

The car is a 1967 Alpine and the roll bar is very nice with bases that fit the car even fit around the battery box. I was told this bar would fit under the soft top and hard top.

Eric

Based on your description, this sounds like the Autopower Industries street bar aka the Sunbeam Specialties show bar.

inline_eric

Donation Time
I don't know who the manufacturer is but I looked at Autopower and it doesn't quite look like the ones on their site...unless it is a older design. Here are some pictures...

Attachments

• rb1.jpg
    rb1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 51
  • rb2.jpg
    rb2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
  • rb3.jpg
    rb3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 44

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Roll bar etc.

Just for reference pricewise, Sunbeam Specialties has new soft tops @ $297 and new tonneau covers @ $279. A professional convertible top shop charged me $400 to install my soft top. Those items, used, would be subject to condition and a negotiated price with the seller. My suggestion would be to go with the new items. I think you would be much happier in the long run. By the way, I have never used my tonneau cover. I put it on once to see if it fit properly ( it did ). If you are interested in a tonneau, you could have mine for a smokin' deal. It is the one with a zipper down the middle so you can close off one side if you wish. $100 plus shipping cost. I have no plans to ever use it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Catus,

That's a very good price for someone needing one! I'd buy except I bought one during the April Invasion.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,

If he doesn't want the tonneau I'll buy it for that. Mine is set for one but it didn't come with the car.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Priced

The Auto power bar they sell direct I priced it last year it is way more than 250
You can ship via Greyhound bus but its slow and you have to go to tough part of town where bus station is . I may be selling mine I'm in So.Cal.

Last edited: