• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

3.0 V6 Ford

Have a friend with a 96 Ford Ranger with the 3.0 V6 and a 5 speed tranny which he is scraping. He has offered me the engine and tranny for nothing. Has anyone transplanted this engine into an Alpine? Would this engine or tranny be worth my time? Thanks
  2. B

Seats and Convert. top frame

Looking for a pair of seats for my MK1 Tiger. Do not need to be perfect, I will be restoring them. The DPO installed MGB seats in the Tiger so I will need complete seats with all components. Willing to trade MGB seats or just buy them outright. Also, if anyone knows of somebody who needs MGB...
  3. B

I?m such an idiot!!!!!!

I’m such an idiot!!!!!! I had my house sided this past month, because they put a dumpster in my driveway I had to rearrange cars. My SIV auto trans 32K original sits in the garage, I have a MKI Tiger sitting in the driveway waiting for restoration. So here is the IDIOT part, since the Tiger...
  4. B

Trunk Spring Covers

Does anybody know when Rootes started to deleted the spring covers from the production line? I know my 65 SIV Alpine has the covers. Did this happen when the SV production started? Was this a cost saving measure that Chrysler pushed on Rootes?
  5. B

Need help with Master Cylinder removal

I am having a problem removing the spring from the Push Rod. I removed the clevis pin from the brake pedal at the push rod location inside the car. The bolts holding the MC to the firewall have been removed. However, the spring that is around the push rod inside the car at the firewall will...
  6. B

Help needed in Houston

Found this on the STOC web site, could someone in the Houston area possibly help out? Date Posted July 1, 20 Posted By Elizabeth Harrison I recently inherited my uncle's car collection. Among his cars is a Sunbeam Alpine, Series V (Tiger?). Unfortunately, I live 2 1/2 hours away from...
  7. B

Gasket for solex crab

SIV original engine I had my solex crab rebuilt and I am now ready to reinstall but I am having trouble with the gasket between the crab and the intake manifold. From what I can tell they are not manufactured anymore, what do you use for the gasket?