• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H One-Twenty

FS: Holbay Valve Cover

Genuine Holbay cast-aluminium valve cover in good condition $90 +shipping Please no posts or PM's. Email: stuartytx at hotmail,com
  2. H One-Twenty

Holbay Cylinder Head

Head is sold, thanks! Stuart
  3. H One-Twenty

Parts Clearout

Wheels are sold, thanks! Stuart
  4. H One-Twenty

Overdrive Unit

Sold! Thanks to all who emailed. Stuart
  5. H One-Twenty

Overdrive Unit

This is my 'spare' overdrive unit; it is from a later (67-) 'arrow' series car, I have a similar one fitted to my SIV (using a modified trans mount). This unit was in working condition when removed (so I was told at the time) but has not been tested. It turns smoothly with no grinding or...
  6. H One-Twenty

Holbay Cylinder Head

I have a genuine Holbay cylinder head for sale (as factory-fitted to the Rapier H120 and Hunter GLS). The head has been to the machine shop for evaluation - pitting to cylinders 1 & 4 and some water jacket corrosion which will require welding (see photographs) I supplied two Holbay heads...
  7. H One-Twenty

Parts Clearout

I'm relocating and I don't want to move these parts (again); I have no need for them. Most are from a SIV auto. If no-one wants this stuff it will likely go for scrap :( No posts or PM's - Please email me: stuartytx at h0tmail,com 5 original steel wheels in vgc (see pic) I have a nice set...
  8. H One-Twenty

Parts Clearout

Sorry, posted in wrong section - moved to 'For Sale'
  9. H One-Twenty

series v hardtop

Judging from recent ebay sales it's worth at least $1K parted out ;) Probably worth around $2K if it has original paint, no rust and has the rear stainless window surround. hope this helps
  10. H One-Twenty

For Sale - British Auto Parts & More

Anyone interested in the 'Holbay' engine should check if it has the correct flat-top pistons, cam and Holbay head hiding under that valve cover. The distributor is a standard 1725 unit (vac advance); also, if original, the block should be blue under that black paint. I've seen many 'Holbay'...
  11. H One-Twenty

Volvo clutch for alpine clutch setup

My current set up is: Holbay flywheel (same as SI/II I think) MGB pressure plate Early Volvo 8.5" disc (with coarse splines to suit SIV box) Holbay carbon throw-out bearing (same as SI/II I think) SI/II clutch fork
  12. H One-Twenty

New Cyl Head - Won't Run

Ha ha, Rich was faster on the keyboard than me by a whole 4 mins.
  13. H One-Twenty

New Cyl Head - Won't Run

I'd start with checking the firing order, then look for air leaks/disconnected vacum hoses from the intake manifold (booster hose, distributor vacuum pipe). Will it run any better/worse when you use the choke? Might be worth checking the compression if you have the tools, but I'd bet on it being...
  14. H One-Twenty

Rim Centre Bore Diamete rQuestion

My cheapo caliper tells me it is 2.56"
  15. H One-Twenty

Rim Centre Bore Diamete rQuestion

Ken, I have superlites on my Alpine, I'll measure one up for you when I get a chance
  16. H One-Twenty

Looking for parts contacts

I don't want anything for it but the postage, you'll have to wait 'till the summer before I can get it to you though. Ill see if i have a bonnet badge too. Not everyone appreciates these old busses, I'm happy to be of assistance to someone who does.
  17. H One-Twenty

Holbay camshaft

1974 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 - 375hp 1985 Lamborghini Countach LP 500S QV - 450hp Is this a more reasonable 20% increase? ;)
  18. H One-Twenty

Mini-Cuda, that's why I have a supply of undamaged ones back home in Scotland - our cars have the bonnet release and the steering wheel on the same side :)
  19. H One-Twenty

Mystery solved then! I've never had to reach over for the bonnet release handle as it's rarely more than 12" from my right knee :)
  20. H One-Twenty

Here's a parts car in Oklahoma: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3572596846.html Probably more than you'd like to spend on a bonnet release cable :)