• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Volvo clutch for alpine clutch setup

alpine_64

Donation Time
Back in the early 2000's the hot setup for modified alpines was a volvo clutch... If i remember it went along the lines of a early series flywheel, MGB pressure plate and throwout bearing and a volvo 144 clutch...

Anyone still have the details?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The MGB cover will fit the SIII/SIV diaphragm style clutch and relevant flywheel.
The SI/SII flywheel and cover will accept the larger diameter 8.5 inch volvo disc without going to the MGB cover.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The MGB cover will fit the SIII/SIV diaphragm style clutch and relevant flywheel.
The SI/SII flywheel and cover will accept the larger diameter 8.5 inch volvo disc without going to the MGB cover.

Jarrid, thanks for the info! glad someone out there remembered the info.

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
My current set up is:

Holbay flywheel (same as SI/II I think)

MGB pressure plate

Early Volvo 8.5" disc (with coarse splines to suit SIV box)

Holbay carbon throw-out bearing (same as SI/II I think)

SI/II clutch fork