• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Knightowl61

Automatic trans. kickdown cable

'64 Borg Warner 35 from an Alpine. Throttle (kickdown) cable needed, or info on like cable on MG, Triumph, others.
  2. Knightowl61

S-3 soft top hard cover latch assembly

Took latches and cable off to paint interior a year ago. Now can't find it (it's in that "special place" so I won't loose it). Will be at the invasion.
  3. Knightowl61

Soft top from a S-4 or 5 and Installing on a Series 3 - WON'T FIT

S-III bought without top or windshield. Installed a windshield and aquired a softtop from a S-4 or 5 (b-post hardware included). Reading https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/soft-top-and-hard-top-alignment.30530/#post-224532 Set windshield to 29.5" , moved bottofront window guide...
  4. Knightowl61

S-III windshield chrome trim

Car didn't have a windshield when bought. Mix & match pieces and installed a new windshield and rubber from SS. Sides and top chrome fit well, but the bottom is ending short on both sides. Most of the middle chrome section is fully seated in the rubber. We put a little caulking on the side...
  5. Knightowl61

S-III turn signal cancelling with horn ring

Also need the turn signal cancelling cog with horn ring that rides on the switch spring.
  6. Knightowl61

License Plate Lamp glass & wire

Getting my daughter's SIII ready for the invasion and finding more missing parts. Need the glass & wire holder for the single bulb light, have a good base & socket.
  7. Knightowl61

Lift The Dot, Stud, 10/32

Put a new dash pad on a SIII and ordered Lift The Dot Studs 10/32 from SS. The studs are too short to catch the capture nuts on the vent covers. I looked all over the web for longer threads but could only find 8/32 threads. The capture nuts are in a sub panel and solid under dash. Is there a...
  8. Knightowl61

Exterior door handles

Wanted a good set of exterior door handles or at least a "better" drivers side exterior door handle.
  9. Knightowl61

Headrest for S-III,IV seats

Has anyone added headrests to stock series III-IV seat frames using original frame pipes? If so how? Or would it be better to weld headrest supports to matching headrests?
  10. Knightowl61

S-III chrome ring around gas filler tube

Is there a chrome ring and grommet to hold the filler tube to the fender like the series II but for a series III? I found a rubber grommet that fits the tube but doesn't have the groved rubber to secure it to the fender. Attachments fillerl.jpg 166.7 KB · Views: 11
  11. Knightowl61

S-III gas filler ring

Is there a chrome ring and grommet to hold the filler tube to the fender like the series II but for a series III? I found a rubber ring that fits the tube but doesn't have the groved rubber to secure it to the fender.
  12. Knightowl61

Turn signal cancelling part (late series)

For series III telescoping system. The car didn't have any turn sig parts when I got it. Now I have everything except the ring that cancels the signals. wsm calls it the slip ring & striker.
  13. Knightowl61

Fuel pump repair kit

I like the idea of the original pump with the sight bowl & manual pump lever. I bought the kit from SS and used the diaphram but the check valves seem to be leaking after the engine warms up. Question - how do you pull the check valves out? I tried prying with a screwdriver and twisting with...
  14. Knightowl61

Weber 32/36 electric choke spring

Carb is stuck on fast idle when hot (engine runs about 2k idling). Found a broken spring (pictured). Anyone have a junk bin with a loose spring or idea where one can be found?
  15. Knightowl61

A challange to help find a BW35 speedo seal

I'm getting a little trans fluid driping off the speedometer cable. I have looked for hours and can't find any source to buy one. Your challenge should you accept it is to find a source for a BW35 automatic transmission speedometer cable seal. this post will not destruct in 5 seconds.
  16. Knightowl61

Blinker fluid

I recently noticed the turn signals remained on (not blinking). The new flasher when restoring the car quit, My daughter gave me some blinker fluid for Christmas. Luckily it worked (along with an original 60 year old flasher still on an old harness).
  17. Knightowl61

Series 4 automatic problem

Putting in a series 3. Pulled oil pan on the bench to inspect. The fluid and everything was clean like it had new fluid but a filter was cracked so I replaced it. Hooked everything up in the car and found the tranny won't go in any gear. Drained the fluid, pulled and inspected the tranny on the...
  18. Knightowl61

Heater Control Switch Knobs

Need both slide on knobs for the later model slide switches.
  19. Knightowl61

Weber 32/36 vs 38/38

I'm wondering which is the better carb to put in a series III with 1724 engine and automatic transmission. In drive the car starts out in 2nd gear, I think the Weber 38/38 should give more power starting out. The Weber 32/36 should get a better fuel economy. Thoughts?
  20. Knightowl61

Curses, Foiled again

Several months ago I bought a new "Solex Webber" on the cheap on eBay for the SIII st. Now hooking it up with the linkage I found the throttle openings are opposite (one opens clockwise & other opens counter clockwise}. First I thought of reversing the arm to make it turn correctly but then...