• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lift The Dot, Stud, 10/32

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Put a new dash pad on a SIII and ordered Lift The Dot Studs 10/32 from SS. The studs are too short to catch the capture nuts on the vent covers.
I looked all over the web for longer threads but could only find 8/32 threads.
The capture nuts are in a sub panel and solid under dash.
Is there a trick to pull up the capture nut so the stud can catch and thread up?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Did you shave the underside foam to fit the new dash pad?
The pads if I understand correctly required some sanding at the leading edge to get the screen to sit correctly. This may also resolve the issue of the depth of the foam under the demister vents

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
I got the pad from Curt (classic Sunbeam) it didn't have any foam, just a hard molded plastic. Thickness in the front edge is sbout 10 mil and stiff (guessing)

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Maybe alert one of our US suppliers, so they can sell us the correct part for this application. Just a random thought....