• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Curses, Foiled again

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Several months ago I bought a new "Solex Webber" on the cheap on eBay for the SIII st. Now hooking it up with the linkage I found the throttle openings are opposite (one opens clockwise & other opens counter clockwise}. First I thought of reversing the arm to make it turn correctly but then looked at the automatic trans. kick down linkage and it wouldn't be anywhere close.
I have a couple crusty solex carbs that will fit as it should (stock) but don't see anyone (in US) selling rebuild kits.
I also looked at a SIV that obviously was modified. The secondary throttle vacuum port was replaced with a spring. Is this a mod or MacGyverized?

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_145908_072.jpg
    IMG_20230303_145908_072.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Both ports will open non-progressive like a 38-38, would ths be a 32-32?
Found out a weber 32-36 will fit, just need to shorten one rod.

Last edited: