• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Rockauto

I am looking for a Nissan F10 brake master cylinder and Rockauto was suggested as a source. I looked on there and they list a couple brands, prices around $120-130. Is that the going rate? I heard mention about rebuilt ones being available, but I haven't been able to find one. Is there...
  2. S

WTB - SIV bits

I have an early SIV ST Alpine and am looking for the side covers for the soft top storage boot. I have the rear section. I am also looking for the plastic cowling for the steering column. Thanks
  3. S

My entry to the Darkside

I thought I would start a thread here, now that I am an official member of the Darkside. After 10 years of Alpines, I am glad to finally be here. I used Photobucket to organize some photos of the car. Most of the photos are courtesy of fellow darksider, Kelly Mathis, who helped me purchase...
  4. S

1964 Series IV V6

It pains me to do this, but things aren't turning out the way I had planned with this car. I purchased the car in March from the owner in Los Angeles, with the plan of getting it shipped home. After getting ripped off by a dishonest vehicle shipper on uship.com, my level of frustration is very...
  5. S

Vehicle transport services

I am trying to find a company to transport my Alpine from LA to Montana. I have posted on uship.com and some other website, but it seems the only replies I am getting are for brokers & freight forwarders. I've read horror stories about paying deposits and not getting your vehicle picked up, or...
  6. S

Headlight rings

I am looking for a set of headlight rings for a Series IV. I will settle for one if that's all you have, but would prefer to have a set.
  7. S

Phoenix Series V

Does anyone on here know this car? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2795276698.html
  8. S

WTB - Alpine in Western Canada

I am looking for an Alpine in Western Canada or at least close enough to keep any transport costs at a reasonable level. I'm looking for something reasonably complete and not rusty. I'd like to finally do a V6 conversion after years of being around here.
  9. S

Soft top adjustment

When the soft top is up on my car I notice that there is a small gap between the back edge of the passenger window and the weatherstripping in the top. On the driver side, the window sits flush up against the weatherstripping. Is there an adjustment that will bring the top forward a little bit...
  10. S

Series V bits

I am looking for a few minor pieces for my Alpine. - A turn signal assembly - A lower red portion of the red signal lens (external screws) - A functioning ammeter - A set of Series 3 front springs PM me with anything you might have. Thanks.
  11. S

Isky camshaft

Seeing that my first Alpine was modified when I got it and became further modifed as time went on, the Alpine I recently purchased is as close to a "stock" Alpine as I have seen. It supposedly has an Isky camshaft. I did some searching here and while the Isky cam has been mentioned, it is...
  12. S

A Return to the Alpine World

After a hiatus of a couple years, I am happy to be returning to the Wonderful World of Alpines. For anyone who doesn't know, I used to have a Series V that I did a Ford 2.3T swap into. I made the mistake of buying a rusty car in hopes of making it into something. I spent so much time...
  13. S

Someone should scoop this up! Rapier Convertible

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1962-sunbeam-rapier-convertable-W0QQAdIdZ114612858 I'm not sure what is better, the stripes or the spinner hubcaps.
  14. S

My Idaho Imp

This past Thursday, I took delivery of a 1965 Sunbeam Imp that I had purchased from Bryan Gilbreath from Boise, ID. The more I crawl around the Imp, the happier I am. The car is a beauty! I have always been impressed by the people of the Sunbeam community and dealing with Bryan was no...