• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Isky camshaft

SDuncan

Donation Time
Seeing that my first Alpine was modified when I got it and became further modifed as time went on, the Alpine I recently purchased is as close to a "stock" Alpine as I have seen. It supposedly has an Isky camshaft. I did some searching here and while the Isky cam has been mentioned, it is usually in passing when people are talking about different Delta grinds. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me something about this cam and how it alters the performance of the 1724cc engine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Seeing that my first Alpine was modified when I got it and became further modifed as time went on, the Alpine I recently purchased is as close to a "stock" Alpine as I have seen. It supposedly has an Isky camshaft. I did some searching here and while the Isky cam has been mentioned, it is usually in passing when people are talking about different Delta grinds. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me something about this cam and how it alters the performance of the 1724cc engine.

There were several isky cams... the trick is to find out which one.. think they were coded sd2 or something.. i have the numbers at home.. IIRC isky still offered the grinds, so maybe call them.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I have an SB2 grind on my car and the specs are available from isky as I no longer remember mine off hand.

It is described as a "fast road" cam and I have been very satisfied with it using first the zeniths that came on my car and now my 2 weber 40dcoes.

SDuncan

Donation Time
I have yet to drive the car myself, but from the report Rich Vose gave me, he said the car pulls well, which sounds encouraging. Getting the actual specs doesn't help me a whole bunch as all those numbers go over my head.

I also don't know a whole lot about the Stromberg carbs. Are they easier to tune than the dual Webers? I had dual Webers on my race car and when they were set up properly, they were great but they tended to be finicky. Is there any benefit to switching to a downdraft Weber?