• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top adjustment

SDuncan

Donation Time
When the soft top is up on my car I notice that there is a small gap between the back edge of the passenger window and the weatherstripping in the top. On the driver side, the window sits flush up against the weatherstripping. Is there an adjustment that will bring the top forward a little bit at the B-pillar to close up this gap?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No. The problem is the lever the top is bolted to. It gets bent out of shape and does not allow the top to position itself correctly. The only solution is to remove the lever from the top and the casting the lever is attached too. Clean everything up so all the pivot points move freely, and bend the lever back into shape.

Its a bitch as you can't tell exactly what shape the lever should have. Just trial and error. Might try to compare one on the bad side to the good side.

Oh, and that lever has is more movement than a belly dancer as the top is raised.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The lever is located in the B post and serves as the hinge of the top as the top is raised and lowered. It is bolted to the top with a single bolt.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I probably should mention that the bolt attaching the top to the lever also serves as a pivot point. Yes, the top pivots on the lever! So make sure it is reassembled using a lock nut and not really tight.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
just grab onto the top frame and pull a little at a time until it fits. sounds crazy but you will be surprised at the results. a well known tiger restorstion person showed me this years ago. can't hurt anything and very easy.