• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

radiator swap

my radiator is getting weak and i wanted to upgrade to maybe an alloy one, for those of you who have them is it worth it? where did you get yours? thanks, jim
  2. J

mecum auction?

saw the mecum Monteray auction the last couple days on tv, no idea if it is live? a late production tiger went for 200k ? the announcers where amazed and thought it was two times the true value of the car? makes my alger worth 100k ;)
  3. J

some more valve covers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cologne-2-8-V6-Alloy-Rocker-Covers-/271544786491?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255 look nice polished up
  4. J

is this really real???

ebay auction; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-4-Original-1964-67-Sunbeam-Tiger-Mk2-MKII-Stainless-Wheel-Well-Moulding-Trim-/291178292334?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cb94246e&vxp=mtr are 4 wheel well trims really worth over $6000 ?? you could have a brand new set made by...
  5. J

v6 book for sale

hello, i have a decent copy of sven pruett's How to Build & Modify Ford 60 degree V-6 Engines for sale, open to any reasonable offer.
  6. J

valve cover question

question about removal and replacement, i bought a NOS set of cobra valve covers for my car to swap out the plain ford ones it has, looking at the engine bay i didnt realize the clearance issue? do you need to pull the motor to swap them or can you just drop it off the engine mounts? thanks
  7. J

conversion project for sale

not mine, i just live nearby http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/4043625679.html
  8. J

heater for 1968 alpine

looking for a good quality heater box, had a dash fire in mine and the box melted through. not sure yet if the core is good but i think it is. please let me know asap if you have one, thanks, jim 612-two six seven, 5815
  9. J

shock number?

does anyone know a part number for monroe and KYB shocks for the tiger?
  10. J

front spoilers /

looking for some pictures? who has what and where did you get them from? thanks
  11. J

lug size?

stock tiger hubs, what is the diameter of the lugs, 1/2" ? or other and does anyone know the thread pitch? just ordering some wheels and the seller said he would include whatever i needed. thanks, jim
  12. J

hardtop fit?

may sound like a silly question, but before sending my hard earned money off i just wanted to make sure; will a hardtop on a 1967 fit right on to my 1968? thanks, happy and safe memorial day.
  13. J

anyone know this conversion?

1961 series 2, v6 conversion, gold in color with slotted mags and tan rag top, was supposedly from Alabama? i have a picture but cant seem to upload it?
  14. J

minilite style wheels for sale

since i now sold my car i dont need this set of wheels i was about to install on it. Ronal saab minilite style, alloy, freshly painted and clear coated. 6x15" i test fit these on my car with 195/65/15 sumitomos and they had no clearance issues. they fill up the wheels wells very nicely...
  15. J

tonneau cover ?

i was looking at a tonneau that the seller listed for a series 4/5/tiger. would this unit fit my series 3? i know that a series 1 and 2 are unique but i did not know where the series 3 fit in? thanks
  16. J

Series III with jose's v6 conversion.

i bought this car off ebay this summer and really love it. was built with jose's help by a deceased member. i have driven this car more than any of my others since i got it in August and have taken care of most of the bugs it had from sitting for a while. Since it is my most road worthy car it...
  17. J

MSD ignition

i want to remove the jacobs system in my car and install the msd set up with blaster coil. does anyone know which msd part number to use since my v6 still has points?
  18. J

Alloy valve covers

i talked with a UK engine builder that uses the 2.8 cologne motors. he is having a new batch of rocker covers made, they will be cast aluminum & have a couple raised stripes with a raised FORD V6 logo. he is looking at 180 quid per set, about $250, should be about $50 a set for shipping...
  19. J

Volvo fan?

to upgrade my cooling i am having a shroud made, jose said i need to contact a Dennis Mitchaliga on here about purchasing a volvo fan and adapter? so here is my shout out, thanks
  20. J

stating the obvious? maybe?

i had to start a thread and at least say a few things about my car that i purchased several weeks back. i have had it for a month now, driving and tinkering, not unexpected when a car sits for a long time. i had 3 different versions of this 2.8 capri motor in my last MG, the motor that the...