• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Alger at Mecom

.......$50,000........Sold I guess........Whew!!!!! Alger's going up in price looks like.
  2. G

transmission mount

Darksiders. I'm getting ready to find a transmission mount to tie my T5 transmission to the trans. cross-member that comes in JoseV6 kit. Can anyone that has done this swap tell me a part # or an application for the rubber mount that they used? I understand that the cross-member may require a...
  3. G

Rear axle bearings

My series IV rear axle is apart and Id like to reasemble with new axle bearings. I read somewhere that S5 axle brgs. are sealed rather than having a seperate grease seal. Anyone know if this is correct, and more importantly, can I use SV bearings in my SIV rear housing?
  4. G

T5 Transmission

Just yesterday pulled the trigger on a local transmission for my S1V V6 conversion. Still smarting from my first trans mistake (too new) I did a web search to ID my new purchace. Came across this site " www.5speeds.com ". LOTS of good information that was all new to me. Put in the tag # and...
  5. G

Non Alpine transmission

Need the '96-'04 Mustang trans and shifter used in the V6 swap. I know this is not the right site to look for this and also that they are available at wrecking yards and Ebay but if someone is using one for a doorstop and needs to ger rid of it.........? Want one thats usable as is, not a...
  6. G

Battery box....Tool box.

Had to make a new battery box ( rust. ) and since my car will have dual exhaust I decided to make the battery box to fit a little smaller battery and make a bit more room for exhaust pipes. After making one box I figure (now I know what Im doing )I could make a twin for the driver side. I like...
  7. G

Air conditioning

Have any of you darksider, desert dwellers, had success with air conditioning the Alpine with a 2.8? It frequently tops 100 ( temp. not speed ) around here and since I have my S1V completley stripped now's the time to think about how to install the evaporator/blower. My concern would be cooling...
  8. G

Windshield Wipers

After disassembling my S1V wiper linkage for cleaning I realised that I had not paid attention to the size difference in the gearboxes on the cable linkage. Cant find anything in the workshop manual that explaines this! Can anyone tell me if the larger gearbox goes on the drivers side ( my...
  9. G

wierd timing

Watching TV show ' Mail Call ' this afternoon. Story about glider aircraft used in WW2, built by a company called Waco. Got on the SOACA site and started reading Sunbeam Alpine magazine invasion VII and lo and behold up pops a piece on WACO aircraft in Troy Ohio. .....COINCIDENCE...WOW... Chuck