• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Non Alpine transmission

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Need the '96-'04 Mustang trans and shifter used in the V6 swap.
I know this is not the right site to look for this and also that they are available at wrecking yards and Ebay but if someone is using one for a doorstop and needs to ger rid of it.........?
Want one thats usable as is, not a bunch of junk parts.
Thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

The stock shifter isn´t very good, even when new. It doesn´t have shift stops, so when shifted quickly, can be over shifted, doing damage to the synchros. I recommend using an after market shifter, like Holly, Pro 5.0, etc. They have the stops and shift better than the stocker. You will love the way your transmission shifts and it will thank you.

Jose

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Thanks Jose. I'm in agreement with your suggestion but figured that a stocker will get me started and I'll upgrade when I'm up and running. My shell is still on the rottissiory and I figured nows the time to do the tunnell mod's while its easy to get to!