• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

transmission mount

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Darksiders.
I'm getting ready to find a transmission mount to tie my T5 transmission to the trans. cross-member that comes in JoseV6 kit. Can anyone that has done this swap tell me a part # or an application for the rubber mount that they used? I understand that the cross-member may require a little modification to the slotted holes to get things to line up.
Thank you.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

The mount you need is for a 1979 Mustang 5.0 V8 five speed.

Jose

Darksiders.
I'm getting ready to find a transmission mount to tie my T5 transmission to the trans. cross-member that comes in JoseV6 kit. Can anyone that has done this swap tell me a part # or an application for the rubber mount that they used? I understand that the cross-member may require a little modification to the slotted holes to get things to line up.
Thank you.

JDSunbeam

Donation Time
I just went to Napa and they didn't pull up a 1979 Mustang with a 5.0 V8 5 Speed. I think all it showed was a 2.3 and a 2.8 for that year. Are you sure it's a '79 Jose?

JD

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi JD,

1979 was the first year of the Fox bodied Mustang. It was, also, the first year of the 5.0 V8 Mustang. The Mustang Ii also had the 302 V8, but it wasn´t called 5.0.

If you can´t get it for the 1979 Mustang 5.0, just ask for the one for a 1980 5.0, because they are the same until 1993, when they went to the body style after that.

Jose

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi JD,

1979 was the first year of the Fox bodied Mustang. It was, also, the first year of the 5.0 V8 Mustang. The Mustang Ii also had the 302 V8, but it wasn´t called 5.0.

If you can´t get it for the 1979 Mustang 5.0, just ask for the one for a 1980 5.0, because they are the same until 1993, when they went to the body style after that.

Jose

The 302 was dropped for 1980 and 1981 due to the second oil crisis in 79. The V8 was a 255, offered with only an automatic. The 302 returned in 82.

JDSunbeam

Donation Time
Damn, I thought this would be easier...they have one from a 1982 through 1995 302, would that work? Or they have on fron the 1980 255, would that work? Or do I need to look elswhere besides Napa?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Damn, I thought this would be easier...they have one from a 1982 through 1995 302, would that work? Or they have on fron the 1980 255, would that work? Or do I need to look elswhere besides Napa?

I'm guessing the 255 would be different since it only came with an automatic. You might want to stop with 1993. The body changed in '94.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was just going to post that. I checked Advance Auto Parts on line.
I checked the transmision mount for a 79 mustang with the 2.8 and 5.0 and a 1990 5.0 Mustang. The same part is listed for all three with either the manual or automatic transmission.

Anchor Mount Engine-Transmission
Part No. 2530
Product Application(s):
1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 V8 •Automatic Trans.; 4 Speed Trans.
•Standard Trans.; 5 Speed Trans.
1979 Ford Mustang 2.8 V6 •Automatic Trans.
•Standard Trans.
1979 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 •Automatic Trans.
•Standard Trans.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
trans. mount

Stopped at my local NAPA store and picked up trans. mount #620-1091.
Looks like it will work OK, but not installed yet. I'm still at the gathering pieces stage. Priced under $10.00 :D.