• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. smashbeat

Hubs id

I was given wure hubs and Rims from a friend. He mentioned they could fit an alpine. Do you guys have any idea what they are? They look completely different from the ones alpines use. Thanks
  2. smashbeat

In need of a single piston

Unfortunately, my engine shop dropped one of my new pistons and I can't buy a single one here in the USA. Sunbeam specialties is out of them and classic sunbeam only sells a set of 4. The shop is willing to pay fot the set of 4 but I am trying to avoid it. I am looking for a single +20 piston...
  3. smashbeat

V6 fit

Hi all. I'm rebuilding my sunbeam engine right now and I plan to put it back in the car. I also think that one day I would like to do a v6 conversion. There is a local 1988 Ford ranger v6 2.8 engine at a good price. I have to admit that I've planned to do my homework and read all this section...
  4. smashbeat

Engine rebuild

It was supposed to be just a clean and refit, but you know how it goes... This thread is for asking some suggestions about what to do while the engine is being disassembled. So far, at first visual inspection I noticed some marks on the cam followers and one of the push Rods dry at the top...
  5. smashbeat

Gearbox removal got stuck

Hi all, I'm removing the transmission to rebuild the clutch. I followed the service manual but I got stuck. Series 4 manual. The engine is dropped, oil filling cap close to the firewall. The bell housing came off completely but the gearbox is still up there and does not drop. I thought that the...
  6. smashbeat

Suspensions question

I noticed that my alpine is taller on the right side, about an inch. New shocks or there is something else to check and replace? Thanks
  7. smashbeat

Door hinges

My series 4 came with a drooping passenger door. A few screws were missing and one at the top broken into the back plate. I removed the rest of the screws with a correct n2 phillips on a impact driver and removed the door. The two plates are moving, but I guess that's normal to permit...
  8. smashbeat

Dash removal, again

I have some wiring issues due to previous work on the car and I thought I would check the wiring behind the dash, where most of the connections seems to live. I was thinking about sliding the dash off and flip it over so I can check for continuity and correct wiring. Is that possible? I...
  9. smashbeat

Brakes overhaul

I've been working on the engine of this new to me alpine and now I'm getting ready for the first drive. The front left wheel is hard to spin. I was thinking about replacing the calipers pistons, new flexible lines front and rear, new pads and oil flush. While I'm there, there is something else I...
  10. smashbeat

Wiring question

Hi all, I'm having some electrical issues with my late series 4 (what a surprise!). I recently bought the car so I'm trying to get going. The engine runs. I have parking lights. No headlights, even if the waring bulb lights up. No ignition and turn warning lights. No Rev counter, ammeter moves a...
  11. smashbeat

Turn switch

My series 4 does not have a turn switch. I'm on the market for one but I see 2 kinds: with 4 and 6 wires. Which one is the correct one? I feel it should be the 6 wire since should act as flasher switch, but I was told differently.
  12. smashbeat

Weber conversion manifold

Hi, I'm am in the process of replacing the solex of my series 4 with a new weber. I was told that the original intake manifold needs to be modified. Has anyone done that? Any advice? Thanks!
  13. smashbeat

Driver Seat series 4

I am looking for a seat, seat frame is good too. Thanks