• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Brakes overhaul

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
I've been working on the engine of this new to me alpine and now I'm getting ready for the first drive. The front left wheel is hard to spin.
I was thinking about replacing the calipers pistons, new flexible lines front and rear, new pads and oil flush.
While I'm there, there is something else I should take care of?

Thanks

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
What condition is your Brake Master and Brake Slave in? When I had mine recently rebuilt, I had to replace the Master, Slave and both my rear wheel cylinders were shot too. Also make sure if you're using a booster that it's in working order. I don't know the condition of your system but I'm paranoid about being able to stop when I need to, so I take extra time and care into it. If I sound abit crazy, that's why. Safety is the biggest thing.

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
I have no idea about the condition of the brake master. I was considering getting a new one just in case. I have 2 new rear cylinders that came with a bucket of spares so I may just replace those.
What do you refer to as for the slave?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been working on the engine of this new to me alpine and now I'm getting ready for the first drive. The front left wheel is hard to spin.
I was thinking about replacing the calipers pistons, new flexible lines front and rear, new pads and oil flush.
While I'm there, there is something else I should take care of?
Thanks

Check your wheel bearings. Inspect and replace if necessary. Repack the bearings and set the end float!