• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Turn switch

smashbeat

Silver Level Sponsor
My series 4 does not have a turn switch.
I'm on the market for one but I see 2 kinds: with 4 and 6 wires.
Which one is the correct one? I feel it should be the 6 wire since should act as flasher switch, but I was told differently.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The pull to flash type of turn signal switch was used in some late S5 Alpines and a few Tigers.
Most used the early 4 wire switch which is easier to rebuild and has lots fewer parts! Also to use the flashing feature for your lights or horn would involve using a relay as well.
I have a rebuilt 4 wire switch if you are interested.

DrNo

Donation Time
The pull to flash type of turn signal switch was used in some late S5 Alpines and a few Tigers.
Most used the early 4 wire switch which is easier to rebuild and has lots fewer parts! Also to use the flashing feature for your lights or horn would involve using a relay as well.
I have a rebuilt 4 wire switch if you are interested.
On that note, is there is any chance you can photograph the innards of your rebuilt switch? I took mine apart for cleaning, and springs and bits of plastic went everywhere, and I'm not convinced I can put it together properly!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry-I rebuilt that switch and sold it and don't have another one all apart. They do take time to assemble and to make sure the two different springs are in the right locations as well as the switch contact too......

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
I always assumed the 6 wire switch with headlamp flash feature was on earlier Alpines because my series 5 does not have it but my series 3 does. The series 3 manual describes how it is used.

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_121622079.jpg
    IMG_20210713_121622079.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 17

mikephillips

Donation Time
And if when you mount it you want to be technically correct, the switch goes on the side facing the shifter. Why?? If the car has overdrive the switch of it goes on the side away from the shifter so one hand could work it while the other worked the shifter. But they kept it that way for all to make assembly easier.