• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreens from Moss Motors

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
It would be nice to know what company made them for VB and if they would be interested in making them again.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
They show as backordered now, so it looks like they are gone

Pretty sure I bought the last one on Tuesday. After I received the order confirmation e-mail, the item status changed from "In Stock" to "Back Order."

$299.98 total including $50 oversize + $16.00 est. tax + $33.99 shipping via UPS Ground (did not trust "cheapest available" shipping) to East-central AL.

Note that the mossmotors.com website now shows the price as $249.99.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
If any of your Fellar SUnbeam Owners need a windshield for a SIV or SV and need a "Driver", I have two of them but have scratches from the wiper arms. I am offering them as a tempory solution so you can at least drive your Alpine "until" you can obtain a new one.

Pay shipping, I will package similar to what the new ones come packaged. If additional insurance coverage is requested include that as well.

I realize it is a real pain to install them then later replace but, if you don't have one at all, perchance it is worth while.

Just offering!!!! Keep'em-on-the-Road

tigereater

Silver Level Sponsor
Somewhere I have the info on where VB got their windscreens. We bought them direct from manufacturer on VB's recommendation several years ago, before they went under. I'll see if I can find the original info in my files.
Gina

tigereater

Silver Level Sponsor
So on further checking, we did purchase 2 windscreens from Victoria British in 2011. They are in storage right now. I did find an old note that they shipped from Indianapolis on Yellow Freight from VB's actual supplier. If we find any other info, I'll be sure to share it.
Gina

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
OK, so I ordered an Alpine windscreen from Moss two days ago. It said that it was out of stock but awaiting new supplies, so I was prepared to wait. Then, later that evening I got an email saying it had shipped(!). It arrived today. Two days between ordering and arrival. Pretty fast!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Kevin, it was believed they were out of stock and there was uncertainty there would not be any more. That is good news if they have a source.

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
It would be nice to know the manufacturer, so if Moss quits carrying them, maybe we could make a group buy directly.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I didn't see a manufacturer name on it, but then I've not unwrapped it all, since I won't be installing it immediately and I want to leave it protected.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
It would be nice to know the manufacturer, so if Moss quits carrying them, maybe we could make a group buy directly.
Jim,eTha SAOCA Board was just discussing how we could help the membership, perhaps this is something to look into.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Barry, I tried to search their site for a windshield for Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger and a variety of other names and or descriptions, but SERO finds.

Have you had any luck finding if they produce the Sunbeam Windshield?

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,

My post was in response to post #34 and was intended to clarify that the name of the glass company is Pilkington rather than Plinkton and to provide a link for the Pilkington website.

A forum search for "Pilkington" indicates that Pilkington produced Series Alpine windshields in the past. It appears that Pilkington is no longer selling Series Alpines windshields directly to individual customers, but that does not rule out production and sales to distributors and/or aftermarket retailers such as Moss Motors.

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
just add to this..... i bought my last screens for my series II from them (Pilkington). I bought the last three they had in stock. One went into my car and the last two have been stored and just sold in the "for sale section here" when I spoke to a long time employee, real person to place the order, he said they were never going to make another run of the glass as there was just no demand. I know my series II is less of a demand but it sounded like they were not just not interested in the low volume numbers of an Alpine. I know talk is cheap buts its what i was told......
Side story is that ive just recently gone left field (slang) and bought a Plymouth Prower and there is absolutely no screens at all available anywhere...... Oh boy!!!
Cheers Jason

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Barry for the clarity.

I think we (SAOCA) will be discussing options for our membership and the windshields may be one of them

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, so I ordered an Alpine windscreen from Moss two days ago. It said that it was out of stock but awaiting new supplies, so I was prepared to wait. Then, later that evening I got an email saying it had shipped(!). It arrived today. Two days between ordering and arrival. Pretty fast!

My experience was completely opposite. I ordered an "In Stock" windshield from Moss Motors on 20 JUN 2023. A couple of days later, the order status changed from "In Stock" to "Back Order" with no estimated delivery date. A MM rep explained that the website stock status and the warehouse stock status were "not necessarily the same." The windshield was finally delivered on 20 OCT 2023 (4 months from order to delivery). To their credit, MM contacted me monthly to inform me that the windshield was still on back order, that the original price would be honored "if and when" and that I could cancel the order.

It appears that MM placed an additional order with the windshield supplier sometime after 20 JUN 2023 and received delivery from the supplier sometime prior to 20 OCT 2023.

Last edited: