• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreens from Moss Motors

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
FWIW I bought a windscreen from Sunbeam Specialties about 25 years ago. The glass was just slightly thinner than stock. That resulted in the windscreen sitting in a different location and the stainless would NOT fit without filing it down a bit. That really bothered me. At the time, I was told that there was only one manufacturer in the entire world. No matter who was selling, everyone had the same thinner one.

On the flip side, I used the fully shaped rubber from Sunbeam Specialties. It was SOOOOO much better than what VB was selling. Note, when I swapped back in the thicker original windscreen using the SS rubber, the stainless would fit just fine.

But that brings me to my final point. I hated VB parts. I got way too many bad parts: carpet, tonneau, brake booster, rubber trim, etc., that I stopped buying from them. I wish Moss well. But starting out with VB stuff, where VB had such a bad reputation (including on this website), isn't a good way to go.