• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Window channel top

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Would anyone have the rubber stops re the top,of the window channel on the series 2?
Mine are missing and after an inch of rain in less Han 30 minutes I,had water in the car. Don't know if that was he cause. Never had this happen before
Yes it could be the duckbill as its still original

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Looking for the top finisher of the window post as picture.
A picture woul,be a great help.
Could make if I knew what it looks like

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 61

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Surely somebody has a series II with this

I sure would appreciate a picture of this if there is such a part

Rick at SS does not know of such a part

alpine_64

Donation Time
Chuck, are you thinking there was a rubber that goes into the channel at the top of the window guide? I used to think the same thing, but there is no mounting point or reference in the part manual... I thought it might have been a nib that projected at the top of the a post rubber on the sii?

agmason54

Donation Time
meanwhile back at the ranch...

Im pretty sure such a part exists but it is not rubber but plastic.I have a few Slls shamefully sitting out side with the channels still attached.I also have a complete Sll to check in the daylight.l looked for about an hour with no luck but timorrow is another day.

Agm

agmason54

Donation Time
oh well

Chuck
I just had to look.There is no piece at all.The fuzzy strip goes up flush to the inside of the chrome piece leaving a gap that the rubber on the windshield seals...Now l can sleep tonite
Zzzz
Agm

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Thanks all
It just seems there should be some kind of finisher.

Will look at maybe making something but not just now.

So much yard work plus some things that need doing inside.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Would anyone have the rubber stops re the top,of the window channel on the series 2?
Mine are missing and after an inch of rain in less Han 30 minutes I,had water in the car. Don't know if that was he cause. Never had this happen before
Yes it could be the duckbill as its still original

So after looking through my sheds and cupboards for a few hours I found a duckbill in perfect condition. Also found parts I did not even remember
I had.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Chuck, That could be a good reason "not to throw away" stuff. It is great to find goodies long forgotten:D

I have just finished removing about 30 years of stuff from an old shop my dad worked out of for about 50 years in order to pour concrete.

Every day was like Christmas! Found stuff I had forgotten, stuff I knew I had but did not know the location.

A four speed Borg Warner T10 with new gears from my '58 Impala powered by the "409. It was bartered the next day.

Have a nice day;)

agmason54

Donation Time
meanwhile back at the ranch...

Im pretty sure such a part exists but it is not rubber but plastic.I have a few Slls shamefully sitting out side with the channels still attached.I also have a complete Sll to check in the daylight.l looked for about an hour with no luck but timorrow is another day.

Agm

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time

Agm

Hi Al
Did you get a chance to look

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
I believe the piece described is for a Series I only. Refer to Parts Manual Section YV Plate B and part number B103. None shown for Series II.

agmason54

Donation Time
Chuck
I did look that night.There is no such animal.l replied but forgot to send it
Im south of you in Browning Mt
Stop by
Agm

agmason54

Donation Time
non existant part

Chuck
I thought you were in Alberta..
I remember a town that is the geographic center of N America.I left in such a hurry l forgot my passport and machete...
Beam on Chuck!
Al
How far are you away from Hwy 2???