• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

where does this part go?

artic cat

Donation Time
gathering knowledge

OK here is another for you if your game. 4 bolts hold the front end cross member to the frame. there are aluminum shims that go in there. I have shims with different numbers on them, but again no info in the books. the shims are tapered and I am not sure which ones or which way they go in.:confused:
get you a link to some pics in a couple mins file to large for here.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The thin end goes to the front of the car. They are pop riveted to the top of the cross member with steel pop rivets. The two shims without numbers will work provided you machine pockets for the pop rivets. The original shims are aluminum and they sometimes tended to corrode and fail over time, mostly due to road salt. The shims are not sided and will fit left or right. Jeff

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
The thin end goes to the front of the car. They are pop riveted to the top of the cross member with steel pop rivets. The two shims without numbers will work provided you machine pockets for the pop rivets. The original shims are aluminum and they sometimes tended to corrode and fail over time, mostly due to road salt. The shims are not sided and will fit left or right. Jeff

They are there to add castor to the alignment.Castor is so called factory preset and cannot be changed .However that is not quite true.Castor indeed can be changed on an Alpine/Tiger.A good front end man knows how and indeed I know how as well.